List Only! Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

VOY: "Faces"

Some really memorable work from Roxanne Dawson here. The episode was at its best toward the end when the two B'Elannas had to see past their differences; the highlight scene was the weakened human B'Elanna fainting (and in a way that seemed to indicate she was partly fainting from seeing her other self) and the Klingon B'Elanna wasting no time just slumping her on her back and getting out of there. It was nice to see the Vidiians again -- it seems I like them now as an adult every bit as much as I did when I was a kid. Tough rocks for Durst, dying the episode after he was introduced.

VOY: "Jetrel"

Knockout performances from Ethan Phillips and James Sloyan delivered this episode well above the cut, even if its resolution didn't move me as much as it probably should have. There are several scenes between Neelix and Jetrel that pulled me in almost as much as those in the oft-compared "Duet" from DS9's first season. Jetrel's true motive was a fun twist and one I'd long since forgotten. The only real downside to this episode was Neelix's dream, something which shot for dark and foreboding but instead came across s thoroughly silly. Even Jennifer Lien's turn as Palaxia didn't save it.

2. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

A Man Alone

3. Quinton O'Connor

VOY: "Learning Curve"

I remembered the infamous cheese going into the episode but I still burst into laughter when B'Elanna had it raced to sickbay. I think the joke should have been played up a bit more; something like that needs not be low-key. Anyway, the core of the episode -- Tuvok's training of the Maquis misfits -- is mostly rather by-the-books television. It works despite the typicality because Tim Russ really sells it. I was also rather entertained by Chakotay's "Maquis way" of setting one of them straight. I wish we got to learn more about the pasts of more than just him, though.

And with that I've finished the first season. On my way to the first full-length season shortly!

4. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Patterns of Force

5. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

The ABC version of TMP. Not an episode, I know, but still Star Trek.

6. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Remember Me.

7. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TNG: "The Offspring"

Lal! Lal! Put him down! :lol:

8. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Descent I, last night. Part II is on tonight. :)

9. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

The Defector - TNG

One of my all time favorites!

10. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

"The Conscience of the King" (TOS)

11. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

The Enemy Within.

12. Quinton O'Connor

VOY: "The '37s"

I remember all the ads for this back in 1995. Promoting the second season of its flagship show was a big thing for young, ill-fated UPN. By the time the episode premiered my eight-year-old self was hyped. I think the rushed nature of this episode went over my head back then, though. I was almost as happy to see Amelia Earhart on the small screen then as I am now, actually. Always found her mystery fascinating as a kid.

But anyway, yes, rather rushed. I read this could have been a two-parter and man, what that could have done. Not just in order to see the cities and give more emotional weight to the "who will stay behind?" gig, but I wouldn't have minded seeing the aliens return and a big stint with that. This really feels like a lot of wasted potential. Some good Janeway moments and strong acting saves it from flat-out mediocrity but I almost rolled my eyes at the cargo room scene. So obvious.

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Just watched "Obsession."

I can't remember. Was this the first reference to Spock's blood being copper-based?

14. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just watched the last 20 minutes of TNG's Relics on Syfy this morning before leaving for work. The last full episode would have been the TNG episode with Tom Paris... er, Nick Locarno covering up something stupid at the Academy.

15. Quinton O'Connor

Sorry Greg, I officially flunk my chance to impress a TrekLit writer. Not sure.

Kirby, I'll forever refer to that guy as Nick "We'll Always Have Paris" Locarno.

16. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

True Q

17. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

Watched "Tomorrow is Yesterday" this afternoon. I forgot what a good episode that is.

18. Quinton O'Connor

VOY: "Initiations"

Holy Aron Eisenberg, Batman! And he does a good job as a Kazon youth, too. This is the first episode where we really begin to learn more about Kazon culture, as befitting of the second season's creative aim to enhance it significantly. Sure, it isn't exactly incredibly compelling television but it's sufficient. At least at this point, I don't remember much about further down the line apart from the finisher.

I liked how things were resolved other than the trapped crewmembers noticing how to escape literally five seconds after the Kazon depart. Yeah, that's not going to earn the Kazon any intelligence points in my book. And did Chakotay replicate a second medicine bundle? I'm pretty sure the first one exploded on that ill-fated shuttlecraft...

VOY: "Projections"

What is this, all of a sudden? The season of the suffix?

One of the things I remember from childhood and adolescence is that any episode with Robert Picardo front-and-center has a fairly good shot at success. "Projections" is no exception, and Picardo's chemistry is (perhaps unsurprisingly) terrific with Dwight Schultz's Barclay.

While the ultimate truth behind the episode is disappointingly simple, it still manages to be quite the canvas for some EMH characterization. And I enjoyed the hook at the 'end' where Kes freaks out about The Doctor not loving her and it becomes immediately apparent he's still trapped. Jennifer Lien was ace in that scene.

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Hmm. According to memory alpha, "Obsession" did mark the first reference to Spock's copper-based blood . . .

20. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

TOS, The Enterprise Incident.. from my Blu-Ray set...1080P worth of goodness..