Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

To further clarify... This is unlimited access to their archive of old comics, which does not include new comics out each week. It takes "x" number of months for "new" comics to fall within and into the archive's purview.

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Be curious to read that. I'm going to read my Marvel's tonight. Bendis could've taken MK to great heights and instead he made it a proxy-Avenger book without doing anything to further Marc or MK at all. Very disappointing run.

As for Soule on She-Hulk, his prior work was a contributing factor to get it but I'm not digging the art. It's on my instant bubble for that.

My LCS got their Punisher #2's late so I get to read 2&3 back-to-back.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know we're really not the target audience, but I was just curious if anyone here has read these, or knows anyone who has.
    Rogue Touch
    The She-Hulk Diaries

4. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

He is very versatile imo possibly one of the most versatile writers working for the Big 2. It really shows in the range of his work from Swamp Thing (supernatural horror), Red Lanterns (science fiction) and Thunderbolts (street level action).

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Soule has fast become one of my top five favourite current writers. He has managed to make "Superman/Wonder Woman" incredibly interesting than it should be, and his creator owned "Letter 44" is my favourite comic right now period. He's incredible.

6. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is awesome. I've been meaning to sign up. Now is a good time to do it!

7. Captain Craig

Edmondson's Punisher is great. It has touches of Dixon & Rucka while being it's own thing in L.A. as well. The reveal of what the secret weapon is that the cartels have was interesting. Three issues in and this is shaping up to be another solid installment of 616 Punisher.

She-Hulk #2 - So Hellcat is going to be a supporting cast member. Kinda cool, I've viewed her as essentially Marvel's Batgirl at times. While the story has me curious it's not gripping me and the art is not helping things at all. Still deciding on this one for next month cause I have to let my LCS know a month out if I'm going to drop a title.

8. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hellcat is one of my favorite C or D list characters so i'm happy she showed up at all.

9. Guy Gardener

I just hope She Hulk doesn't make her go to AA.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Nah, she's definitely Double Ds.

11. Saga

:lol:

12. Guy Gardener

I listened to Chelsea Handler crack about how she hates her boobs earlier today because she can't even sit down without them hurting.

Does her Hellcat suit boost her strength, because gymnasts do not have double ds... Although Patsy Walker was a supporting character in Millie the Model in the 1940s so it's unlikely that her double D's today are real, or not part of the suit, if she was a professional clothes horse through to the 50s and 60s in the face of those outrageous standards of feminine perfection.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

All New X-Men #24 (Trial of Jean Grey): OMG! there was finally a fight scene! though it lasted all of five punches.

Avengers Undercover #1: I enjoyed Avengers Area and I'm looking forward to this one. Too bad this first issue was an epilogue to the previous series and didn't establish the premise of THIS series.

Superior Spider-Man #29: I'm really enjoying this climax to the story but couldn't they have gotten Humberto Ramos to do the final arc instead of this B lister????

14. Captain Craig

I'm so anti-Ramos than despite not seeing the issue yet I'm glad to hear he's not done an issue. The Manga-esque look has not set well with me. It's fine for some books but for my $$$ not 616 Spiderman.

15. Guy Gardener

Zemo used to be complicated, although, why is Damien Hellstrom now part of the Masters of Evil? That's the good guy gone bad that is actually a confusing turncoat, although maybe this has something to do with his wifes recent ragin' alcoholism in the pages of She Hulk?

16. Saga

it irritates me that Hellstrom is on the Masters of Evil. they tried to explain his change in character over in Venom, saying he made copies of himself.

17. Captain Craig

So there are now clones, or a clone, of a Hellstrom running around with their own personalities? Sounds like they ripped of a Jaime Madrox story for that.

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

19. Captain Craig

Black Widow #4 - Edmondson's story is very timely. When he scripted this some months back he had no way of knowing that his Black Widow story taking place in the Ukraine would be relevant to real world events. Another solid issue. Art is great and it's the first issue that isn't self-contained but that's ok.

Only Marvel I read last night from my stack.

20. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Aaron, Spencer maybe Fialkov. Not exactly the best choices. It's just going to end up like those Halo books or the Crossgen stuff Marvel was given. Marvel has been absolutely terrible with tie-ins since it stopped being their bread and butter. A few SW books aren't going to sell much compared to superheroes so it's not going to be a top priority project.