Steven Seagal: Lawman

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Brikar99, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anyone else watch this gem? :techman:

I nearly died laughing when Seagal noted an enraged suspect "was not a good zen practitioner." I hope the rest of the episodes are as hilarious as this.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I'm waiting for Jean Claude van Damme to be brought down by Seagal.

Sorry but I just keep laughing at how much weight Seagal has packed on.

3. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A review in the Los Angeles Times raises questions about Seagal's qualifications as a deputy:
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-lawman2-2009dec02,0,6809008.story

Whatever. It should still be an interesting show, just to see how the perps react when they see who's arresting them.

4. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^

Sounds like his CIA credentials when Above The Law came out. There is a private police acadamy out here and it does say attended not completed.

5. Mr. B

Mr. B Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw this tonight. I couldn't miss it, being a NOLA resident. I'll watch just about anything shot here. It might be one of the best unintended comedies ever. All the "wisdom" we're getting from Seagal should continue to prove entertaining.

Incidentally, I immediately recognized one of the other deputies riding with him. Col. John Fortunato is (one of) JPSO's Public Information Officer. I work in a newsroom and we communicate with him regularly.

6. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did you see JCVD, their competetion for the B movie action roles was a running joke.

Its been years since I had seen COPS, but it looked like an episode from it. Except for the squad. It looked like The Closer, or the last years of In The Heat Of The Night, all chiefs and no ordinary troops.

7. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

I noticed that too. They also drive around in unmarked Explorers instead of marked patrol cars. I get the feeling that the cops riding around with Seagal are normally pencil pushers and this is more action than they've seen in a while.

Still, it was a pretty cool show so far and at least it's real cops dealing with real situations. Like COPS the show, except with Steven Seagal. I'm going to keep watching. :techman: