Please don't airlock me . . .

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Ryn, Apr 2, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

She captained a starship!

2. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Omg I tried to make a list, but there's too many. :ack:

3. Captain Kathryn

I live in Jersey, I really need to start going to the Star Trek cons in Cherry Hill...I heard they were having one this year but the tickets are sold out. :(

Jersey is also home to the Chiller convention which I also...have never attended but want to. lol. I believe it's usually in Parsippany too which is like 10 mins from my house. :ack:

4. Ryn

Ryn Ensign Newbie

[LEFT]Actually, that's pretty much what happened. I was browsing the forums and came across some pretty scary stuff. Not gonna lie, it made me all skittish and more nervous than a Ferengi being revealed as a false profit . . . (Bad joke, I know.)

I've been trying to get myself psyched up to watch the last few episodes of Voyager but I have such a strong attachment to it that I can't seem to find the courage to watch it. Every episode that passes means I'm one step closer to having to say goodbye to these characters that I've fallen in love with and it tears me up. I'm such a sentimental dork.

I have a few favorites, since it was too hard to choose just one. They are, in no particular order:

1. Coda - Dunno why I love it so damn much, but this is my very favorite episode of all time. I think it has to do with the fact that we really see Kathryn as a person and not a command persona. I always get all teary at the scene in the mess hall. Poor purple-mouthed Harry.
    2. Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy - The scene in the briefing room where Kathryn slides the Doctor's hand down to her butt . . . I've never been more jealous of a hologram than I am when I watch that scene.
    3. Relativity - I loved that Seven of Nine (who's not my most favorite character, to be honest) stepped up and saved Voyager so readily. Plus, I love when she and Kathryn meet in the corridor and she gets the captain to trust her. It's just adorable.
    4. Deathwish, The Q and the Grey, Q2 - I just love Q. I mean, he's such an omnipotent bully and Kathryn's always putting him in his place. They're sorta cute together, if I do say so myself.
    5. Lineage - This is (sadly) the first episode that I found myself liking B'Elanna. Don't get me wrong, Extreme Risk and Barge of the Dead were really great episodes, but I didn't connect with B'Elanna until Lineage. It showed such a protective side of her, while really and truly showing how vulnerable she is.
    6. Timeless - I'm not a huge fan of Kim-centered or Chakotay-centered episodes but this one was really well done and showed the pair's dedication to doing what had to be done for the sake of their crew. Plus, gray hair does wonders on Chakotay's sex appeal. >.>
    7. Bride of Chaotica - Arachnia. 'Nuff said.

Yeah, there's a fair number of episodes that I adore but those are my top seven. I have a huge crush on the Janeway/Chakotay pairing, but I'm a freak and love Janeway/Seven and Janeway/EMH too. Weird, I know. But really, I could pair her with anyone (aside from Tuvok or Neelix, that's just too much) and I'd be a happy fangirl.

Oh, and Teacake? That Timeless video was amazing. I've watched it four times now and have to go watch that episode again because of it. Also, gray hair. Yum.[/LEFT]

5. teacake

All her videos are great stuff. My favorite ever is this 7 video she did, captures so much.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFO7sX6B7wI[/yt]

You should check out the fanvid thread sticked at the top of the forum, some great things there.

6. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was some big to-do about how Voyager was the one show they'd all get together in the residence and watch as a family every week. Mulgrew often tells the of how Hillary wrote her several letters and had her guest-speak at some gatherings Clinton hosted as First Lady.

7. Ryn

Ryn Ensign Newbie

You're my new favorite person ever. I can't even . . . I'm dying at the epicness of it all.

8. teacake

This forum is SO epic.. no seriously, it is. You just have to filter out the occasional nasty haters, the whole BBS has had a binge of them lately. I don't mind the funny haters.. because you can poke 'em and they poke back.

9. Ryn

Ryn Ensign Newbie

I lurked for a long while before deciding to make an account, but I almost didn't because of the ridiculousness of some people on here. I've seen a lot of hating across the board, not just on Voyager (though Voyager certainly got a lot of hate . . .) and it put me off for a while. I have to say, I'm glad I came to see the light and that an account was easy to acquire. It's refreshing to have knowledgeable people (such as yourself) to speak to.

10. teacake

Well if I ever say anything that sounds hateful it's because I'm taking the piss, don't take me too seriously. Unless it's about TATV.

11. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I think it's awesome that Hillary Clinton sees Capt Janeway as a hero of sorts. She was always my favorite character on Voyager.

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Hmmm....

*tosses coin*

Today's your lucky day.

*wanders off without pushing button*

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't pick a favorite episode of Voyager. There are many I like, for all sorts of reasons. I don't have a specific favourite.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hero for her young children, or hero for younger woman I'd think.

Favourite fictional character sure.

But "Hero"?

I'm trying not to think about what Hills and Bubbah would ever look at a problem while they ran the White house and mutter: "WWKJD?"

15. Captain Kathryn

I joined about a month and a half ago before reading any posts. :lol:

Just ignore haters or poke fun at them. :P Or just defend whatever it is that you are posting about.

I haven't encountered any mean or nasty people on the forum yet (StarTrekSlut aside...).

16. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

10 minutes from your HOUSE???? :cardie:

I drove 6 hours to see Kate Mulgrew and Leonard Nimoy in Parsipanny 4(?) years ago.

Creation Entertainment switched their Star trek NJ con to Cherry Hill just last year. It was TNG day in 2012 and will be DS9 in 2013.

17. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCi-fIlnows

Ryn, you have something against Latte boys?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCi-fIlnows[/yt]

18. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

About the worst thing I'll do is I question Janeway's competence and sanity quite often. Though Captain Janeway does have a cult like following around here, so to some that's akin to blasphemy! ;)

19. Captain Kathryn

Yes, it's about 10-20 mins from my house.

I would totally drive 6 hours NOW to see her. Sadly, I was not a Star Trek fan when she was in NJ. :( From what I can see from the Creation website, she will not be at any NJ con this year. However, she will be at the Las Vegas one which I might go to if I have the money and can get off of work. My work is a nightmare. I can't do anything fun.

But I am going to see her in a play she's doing in NYC! :)

20. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, I could understand Hillary Clinton seeing Capt Janeway as a hero of sorts, especially since Clinton's daughter was a teenager at the time.

I just don't understand why she'd see Kate Mulgrew as a hero. Kate Mulgrew is an actress who hasn't done anything particularly heroic that I'm aware of. Although I could be out of the loop.