Voyage Trekkers Season 2 Debuts

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Voyagetrekkers, May 2, 2013.

1. Voyagetrekkers

Voyagetrekkers Ensign Red Shirt

[​IMG]

Hey guys!

We just launched VOYAGE TREKKERS SEASON 2 with the first new brand new episode! We're really excited about the new season, we wanted to raise the bar not only in terms of storytelling but with the production value as well. We built a bridge set for the crew, we have a beautiful CGI starship now, and we recorded the first episode with a fifty-nine piece orchestra!

Let me know what you guys think -- And if you like it please share it with your friends!

Voyage Trekkers - Season 2 Premiere - Ep.1: Welcome Aboard
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-auYgvnAyQ

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I remember you guys! I somehow stumbled across the first season last year or so and it was totally goofy fun. Production values look like they've gotten better, are you still working out of Tempe?

3. tobiasrichter

tobiasrichter Lieutenant Red Shirt

I enjoyed it very much - very well done!

4. Duane

Duane Captain Captain

Well done! Maybe you guys could meet up with the guys from Transolar Galactica for a future episode : )

Duane

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  5. Melakon

And I did a doubletake on the end credits, when I recognized the name of David Stipes. That ship was wonderful.

6. Voyagetrekkers

Good eye! Yes, David Stipes was a visual effects supervisor for Star Trek: The Next Generation and we were so lucky to get his help for our show too. The CGI model is created an animated by Sigil FX by S.E. O'Brien, in Australia, who was a fan of Season 1 and wanted to help out.

We're an all volunteer outfit, no one gets paid, and its been really awesome having the help from so many talented people who just want to help us run around with ray guns and lizard masks! :)

7. Voyagetrekkers

The Transolar Galactica filmmakers are real good guys, I've talked to them a few times. Yeah, that would be funny.

8. Melakon

Voyagetrekkers, are you still operating out of Tempe? I might have to take the light rail over to there some day and look you up. Afraid I don't see well enough to be of any use though.

9. Voyagetrekkers

Yes! I'm in Phoenix actually. We do a lot of public screenings and events, you should check out our facebook page, that's where we post those updates: http://www.facebook.com/voyagetrekkers

10. Melakon

Good deal, I'm near Camelback, between I-17 and Central. Maybe something like this will get me out of the apartment more. ;)

11. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

Wow! i'm impressed with the first two episodes. The ship and the bridge look great, and I thought the actions of the space creature were hilarious!

Keep up the good work!:bolian:

12. Voyagetrekkers

Thanks Randy! :)

Episode 3 just launched today:

Voyage Trekkers Season 2 - Ep.3: Set Witchcraft To Stun
    The crew of the GSV Remarkable go undercover as aliens when they visit a technologically primitive world.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ST8_LEQCo

13. Voyagetrekkers

14. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Pretty fun.

I liked most of them pretty well. Laser Swords at Dawn was really good.

I get a little weary in the ones where the characters just argue and argue, but that's just my taste. The one with with the kids just felt like it was ended without a punchline, though.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013