Dark Avengers - Your thoughts

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

This is a new Avengers line-up that is forth coming. The New and Mighty titles as I understand it will still be published(anyone know different?).
    [​IMG]

So the line-up appears to have the "requirement" of most Avengers line-ups.

A Cap-esque character and an Iron Man-esque character. This time rolled into one. His identity is unknown but I have my guesses.

Wolverine back in the brown/tan costume. Nice throw back.
    Spidey or Venom was the debate for so long. This appears to be Spiderman. The Thunderbolts Venom has a much more altered look.

Sentry, Ms. Marvel, Ares and Hawkeye.
    I'm not sure of the green/white clad character, is that Marvel Boy?

Comments on where this title is going during Dark Reign and its ability to last much beyond that.

2. JNG

JNG Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command Rear Admiral

Not to be glib, but...nowhere and none.

3. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

That's not Wolverine...

That's not Spider-man....

Are you sure about that?

Yes.

4. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Osborn's brain boils over on a regular basis, and none of the others can be relied upon to not pursue their own goals, to not even broach whether they can be trusted.

And just where do they go from here? Everyone being slaves to Mephisto, because Peter and MJ's deal opened some door? They can't say all this is just shaking up the status quo, because no situation is around long enough nowadays to be a status quo.

5. mostlyharmless

mostlyharmless Vice Admiral Admiral

If I had to guess, the cycle of "events" that started with Avengers Disassmbled, that let to Civil War, and the Superhero Registerstration, etc, will end soon following Dark Reign, ending the SHRA, redeeming Tony Stark, and leading to reconciliation of the Avengers, and it´s relaunch with another #1 issue, featuring Captain America (Steve Rogers), Iron Man, (Tony Stark), Thor, and Wasp (Janet Van Dyne).

6. CYOTI

CYOTI Vice Admiral

"Ms. Marvel", "Spider-Man" and "Hawkeye" are just Moonstone, Venom and Bullseye dressed up as these characters since Stark's tampering of the registration database has left them legally without identities allowing Osborn to put his people into the roles.

"The Sentry" is really the Void who has taken over since the real version has fled the Earth during the Invasion.

"Iron Patriot" is most likely Green Goblin himself or Luke Cage.

"Wolverine" is Logan's son, Dakam.

7. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Why Luke Cage?

8. Captain Craig

^^^^
    I knew that most likely it was Venom and Osborne as Iron Patriot.
    I suppose then the Vemom symbiote is causing the mass change difference to affect Gargan?

Can't say I saw the entire Thunderbolts team as recast Avengers coming though.

Dakam or not I do like the 80s/early 90s throw back brown/tan costume.

So that means that Ares and Marvel Boy are the only ones who are who they appear to be?

9. CYOTI

CYOTI Vice Admiral

He signed with Osborn in the most recent issue of Avengers to get his kid back.

10. grabmygoblin

grabmygoblin Commodore Commodore

^^^
    this.

the other previews and the already released relevant issues pretty much spell it out. one double spread in particular confirmed that it's Dakan, (Dakam?) because he had one claw coming out of his wrist.

check out "New Avengers" for the happenings of the heroes: http://comics.ign.com/articles/939/939237p1.html

11. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Considering that Osborn has full access to Stark Industries now, it has to be him as the Iron Patriot.

12. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really? I've been reading INVINCIBLE IRON MAN and in that book there doesn't seem to be any indication the Osborn has any special access to Stark Industries. Why would he? SHIELD, or now HAMMER I guess, is a government agency and Stark is a private company.

Or maybe Bendis never thought to consult with the guy actually writing Iron Man.

13. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had read before in interviews that Stark Industries was taken over by HAMMER, since it was already a big part of SHIELD in the past.

Because Osborn runs HAMMER, he now has access to Stark Industries' tech that was used by SHIELD.

14. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmm? In Invincible Iron Man #8, the first post Secret Invasion issue, when he's leaving the HAMMER facility, Tony states he's taking everything that is his (i.e. the proprietary Stark tech) with him. Then in the next issue he's shutting the company down. Doesn't seem like Osborn is in charge of jack as regards to Stark Industries.

And all that aside, Tony has usually been pretty stringent about keeping the Iron Man tech out of other people's hands. Even to the point of going on a "rampage" and faking his own death (or at leas the death of Iron Man) to regain control over the IM tech.

15. blaXXer

blaXXer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Prolly OSborn or a Rhodey-clone (see WarMachine #1)

Nope, it's Daken, Wolvie's son.

It's certainly Venom (MacGargan). spidey wouldn't throw in with Osborn.

Senty, yes. Ms. Marvel would be Moonstone, Ares would be Ares and Hawkeye would be Bullseye.
    Yep, that's Noh-Varr.

16. Captain Craig

CYOTI says up thread that the "Sentry" is really the Void.

You think Sentry is Sentry blaxxer?

Right now it seems the only ones who are who they say they are would be Ares and Marvel Boy. Do we add Sentry or not to the list of those who are who they claim to be?

17. blaXXer

Well Sentry and Void are essentially the same person...so what big difference does it make? But yeah, I believe it's the Sentry, only for the sheer mindfuck.

18. Captain Craig

I know, kinda like Phoenix and Dark Phonix are the same person just different personality in control. Granted there is a garment reflection of that. Just clearing up the personility that will be driving the "Sentry" in this series.

19. blaXXer

Well, Reynolds is essentially sheep-like while following whoever's in charge so it would not surprise me if that were actually the Sentry...Norman just gotta handle him right...

20. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

Don't forget Hank Pym and possibly Dr. Banner to complete the original roster. I also wouldn't count out Hawkeye and Black Widow, with their rumored appearances in Iron Man 2 and The Avengers.

Additionally, Pepper Potts can be seen shutting down Stark Industries effective immediately in Invincible Iron Man #9.

My take on who's who?

The Sentry...The Void
    Ares...Ares
    Marvel Boy...Marvel Boy
    Hawkeye...Bullseye
    Wolverine...Daken
    Ms. Marvel...Moonstone
    Spider-Man...Norman Osborn (not even his teammates know)
    Iron Patriot...Harry Osborn