Mirror Universe: Assimilated by the Borg?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Silversmok3, Nov 18, 2008.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ok that's what I thought, but I couldn't remember for sure. Thanks guys.

2. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It would be interesting to discover that the Dominion did not exist as such in the MU... and that information could be passed on to the Founders here so they could see there was another way...

3. JeremyW

JeremyW Commander Red Shirt

Maybe you've just hit close to the bullseye for The Soul Key or any other post-DS9 finale novel that will continue the story of the Ascendants and their religious jihad towards the Bajoran Wormhole....

But remember: the Dominion as of Olympus Descending is fractured. Odo said it best to Laas. "Laas, you and I are the Dominion." So, if you did hit the target with your hypothesis, I'm intrigued to see how it works in light of Olympus Descending.

4. Marie1

Maybe... but I'd like The Soul Key to focus on bringing a certain someone back... I'm sure you can all guess who... and maybe fixing the currently insane person who is causing the problems... because even tho an Emissary could help the Bajorans of the MU- if they listened- the "practicing" ones are all underground the rest of that universe is in shambles.

I'm not sure how well Odo and Laas will do- given how they disagree on everything. Laas can't be left to his own devices, but Odo's desire to return to Kira must be getting very strong. I would imagine something may eventually come to reunite the Founders in our universe. Given the "evil" in the MU, and how Odo seemed to be doing well, it seems possible the "solids" in the MU didn't react with such hostility to the Founders- so maybe we'll see "free" Jem'Hadar? That would be awesome!!

I really want to know how the Ascendants will fit in to all this, given how they'll affect both the AQ and the GQ...

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just watched Crossover, the first MU DS9 episode a couple weeks back when the Alternate Realities Fan Collective came out, and The Intendant is upset that Bashir killed Odo because he was one of a kind. So judging by this line the Alliance never ran into the Founders or Dominion.
    As for bring that someone back, I'm right there with you. I really hope that when all of this is cleared up that Taran'atar is back to normal.

6. Marie1

Me too...I hope thats not too simple of a wish. Poor guy! :(
    Someone is always torturing my Jem'Hadar!!!! Grrrr! Can you imagine if he ever gets to relate his story to his people? :cardie:

I'm curious... a lot in the MU seems so much worse there than in the RU... so would the Borg be even worse, or would they be the other way and enslaved somehow or more benign, do you suppose?

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

And apparently they *are* worse:

Mirror Universe Borg are more aggressive (they won't wait till you threaten them, they attack anyone who approaches) and they move a bit more fluidly.

Also, MU Borg ships are diamond shaped rather than cubes.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

And they have a King instead of a Queen. That's pretty much the only thing I remember about them though.

10. Marie1

Fascinating... what a strange place. Lets never go there... :p