The Following Kevin Bacon Kevin Williamson S1 Discussion SPOILERS

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Locutus of Bored, Jan 22, 2013.

1. degra

degra Fleet Captain Newbie

not very good. Pretty standard cop show stuff,,,drunk troubled cop, a villain who has a personal axe to grind with his pursuer, bland supporting cast of cop characters, obvious twists like the child being really ryans and next week we get the shrink to analyze everyone. Yawn,,,the critics raved over this I guess their standards have been lowered by the years of crap networks have churned out that any mediocre drek like this seems like Shakespeare to them.

2. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Upgraded to guilty pleasure... but not much more. Remake of Cape Fear was much better.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

My love for the show is fading. When the bad guy cop got past 50 cops again I almost shut it off. The did that in the first episode, they do it again I'm gone.

4. Eduardo

Eduardo Captain Captain

About the end of the episode, I think that the guy that was set on fire said something on the phone about "Talk to my editor", before going to the food stand.

My bet? One of the people that gave a bad review to Carroll's book.

5. degra

watched the second episode it was just as stale and formulaic as the pilot,,,I'm not wasting anymore time on just another crime drama that brings absolutely nothing new.

this has been a horrible tv season,,,there is nothing worth watching,,,I guess that just leaves do no harm and cult,,,hopefully they will be entertaining.

6. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

My first thought, was that this show was "too little too late".

I probably could have got into this show if it was on a decade ago, before a huge proliferation of other procedural shows (ie. CSI franchise expansions, NCIS franchise, Criminal Minds, The Closer, Lie To Me, etc ...). Back then, I thought the Law & Order franchise expanding to SVU and Criminal Intent, was already too much for me to follow.

I would have to agree too, of this season's shows I watch and/or tried to watch.

- Fringe season 5 seemed kinda lackluster, with very little to no resemblance to previous seasons.

- Nikita season 3 doesn't seem as exciting as season 2.

- Hawaii Five-0 season 3 seems like it's repeating the same formula over and over the entire time. (Sorta like Dukes of Hazzard cranking out the same formula over and over again for seven seasons back in the early 1980's).

- Person of Interest season 2 seems kinda lackluster, compared to season 1. (I thought season 1 was outstanding).

7. bigdaddy

The ratings went up. The first show of the year to have better ratings in it's second episode than the first.

8. degra

yep, Jaycee. Vampire diaries this season already cemented what I already knew last season that it sucks under Julie plec. Supernatural hasn't been entertaining since season five. Nashville sucked,,,soaps are suppose to be fun and exciting not a bore.

it seems tv anymore recycles formula we've seen before and better ten or twenty years ago or they are convoluted serialized dramas with a premise that is far too limiting,,,deception, revolution, last resort, Alcatraz, the event etc.

9. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

Some of these formulas from ten or twenty years ago, were not always better or even good in hindsight. Sometimes stuff which I thought was cool when I was younger, turned out to be kinda mundane or even outright boring when I watch them now. Nostalgia is not always what it turns out to be.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  10. bigdaddy

I suggest Scandal, it's loads of crazy soapy fun. :lol:

11. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Most of the TV critics I trust were not fans. Alan Sepinwall, The AV Club, Time, Tim Goodman- they all did not like it. It seems like this show is really splitting viewers and critics down the middle.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Carroll was a bit too "Hannibal Lector" last night.

13. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I am worried that the new women in charge of the FBI cult team will be/has been seduced by Carroll.

14. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Gonna be too soapy I think.

15. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even if he didn't fall in , all that salt water should have ruined his leather jacket.

What sort of mook would do that?!

17. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't care much for the pilot at all, but I have really enjoyed the four episodes after that. I thought it was going to be a murder of the week show, but I've been impressed. I'm really liking the storyline with the threesome (pun intended?) that kidnapped the boy.

18. bigdaddy

^ Really? I have given up on the show mainly because of the threesome, it's just too stupid.

19. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm still not sure how I feel about this show. In some moments it really holds my attention and I like it. In others, I start to feel bored and think the plots are kind of cheesy. I'll probably continue watching for now, but if the season doesn't go somewhere interesting soon I might give up.

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral