Which species from Trek do you most identify with?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Vulcan Logician, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Statja Q'bel

Statja Q'bel Ensign Red Shirt

Oh no! I haven't been on for awhile due to overload of work, sorry for the late reply. I never really meant anything by Never Trust A Vulcan. I actually have a lot of respect and admiration for Vulcans, their ability to keep emotions in check (I personally wouldn't last a day attempting that). The signature was more of an inside joke between my husband & I after seeing the new ST movie.

2. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

You made a very cute Andorian! I always liked that photo. :techman:

3. SchwEnt

SchwEnt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tellarites.

I'm a pig-man who likes to picks fights for no reason.

4. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

My former boss looks like a pig.

--Sran

5. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Bajorans.

There's something appealing about them in the fact that I'm a very religious science fiction fan, which puts me somewhat at odds with the secular tone of the series just as they're at odds with the rest of the Trek universe.

I also sometimes identify with Vulcans like Tuvok. The idea that I'm a very logical person who, nevertheless, often struggles with his emotions.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Vulcans are not incapable of lying. No sentient being is. If you can breathe, you can lie.

If a Vulcan says he or she can't lie, that is in itself a lie. And thus, is a logical thing to say, because to say "I am incapable of lying" when you know you can, is just an example of putting a lie into practice.

7. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I figured that was just "Vulcans try not to."

8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Vulcans generally adhere to the principle of not lying, but they will lie if they have a lot to lose by telling the truth. Like, Spock would lie to save Kirk's life, or Vulcan Admiral Lleyton would have lied to wipe out his enemies.

But just because a Vulcan is telling the truth doesn't mean you can trust him. Vulcans believe they know what's in your best interest and will do whatever it takes to stop you from doing something they don't think is beneficial.

9. INACTIVEUSS Einstein

INACTIVEUSS Einstein Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I identify with:

- Humans

- Vulcans

- Romulans

- TOS Era Klingons

I don't identify with species which have become a one track caricature of fanaticism, because nobody is that simplistic.

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, I firmly believe in a properly functioning judicial system. The Cardassian one is in dire need of reform, I would not support the one that we were shown.