New STID pics

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by bullethead, Mar 24, 2013.

1. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some publicity pics from Empire magazine and the STID app. TrekMovie theorizes the white thing is a photon torpedo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just want to know what's up with these weird uniforms Bones, Kirk, and Carol Marcus are wearing. Starfleet's going crazy with uniform variants in the Abramsverse or something.

2. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Didn't see those other two pics. Nice Klingon disruptor Uhura is sporting!

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The uniforms are flight jackets according to Trekmovie.com, worn over the standard duty uniform. Those bits of colour are clear "windows" showing the department colours underneath. I suspect they're just as good for away teams on chilly planets.

The disruptor is excellent, very true to the originals. I like the Klingon bead curtains too!:lol:

4. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

Yes there are a lot of costume changes in this movie! In contrast to Generations where they could only afford to make two new DS9 style costumes for Picard and Data whilst poor Riker had to wear Avery Brooks' uniform which was clearly too small for him :p

5. bullethead

I don't know, the person who made them clearly dishonored the building they were in by making them so flimsy :lol:

6. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Well it does say "Phot" on the side, so I'd say it's a safe bet. It also looks like it says CVN65 on one of the winglets; if so that's a odd little shout out--unless it's a wink and nod to someone that team knows.

If it is a photon, I like it. As much as I liked the chiklet of doom designs, this looks like it could be some form of a missile weapon.

7. F. King Daniel

Maybe the difference in shape is because Starfleet has reverse-engineered or based designs on Nero's weapons? It does look a little like one of the Narada's cluster missiles.

The writers did say that scans of the Narada have been influencing Starfleet since the Kelvin was attacked.

8. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

I'm looking at the thing and thinking "Multitool": Swap the misson packages around and you've got a multi-use case for anything from a photon to a spy-drone.

9. bullethead

It's probably a reference to the carrier USS Enterprise that recently got decommissioned and set to the scrappers.

10. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

I know, which is what's so out of place to me about it unless it's a shout out to a friend/family member. I would think if it was a reference to the carrier, that'd tack her hull number onto a starship or shuttle not a torpedo.

11. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    It's the Genesis Torpedo!!

NOT.... :rofl:

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Dollars to donuts it's some kind of proto-conception of a Genesis-like device, like some kind of weapon that reduces all living matter to subatomic particles.

13. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

what is starfleet created the genisses device to help remake vulcan

14. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

from Empire

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  15. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

The recent pics are fantastic...I have...no...idea...what...that...torpedo...is....

RAMA

16. bullethead

Not a lot of opportunities for people to spot the number on the hull of a ship or a shuttle. You often don't get close enough to see text on a ship unless it's a battle scene and shuttles are usually in a crowded hangar scene, so it's hard for people to even pick out the text that's on those things.

17. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Carol: I used red matter in the Genesis Matrix; it was the only way to solve the problems.

Think is, with Carol being 'fleet and hanging around the torp, I'm thinking this could be something like a early Genesis-type weapon or Starfleet is taking cues from Nero and created some WMDs of their own.

18. Gsam

Gsam Lieutenant Red Shirt

hello..I am a first time poster and so if I make an inadvertent mistake please forgive and please not my error (gentle correction).

Anyways straight to the point. I am hearing that the magazine cover with Bones, Kirk, Spock, and Uhura is not a genuine cover. It was "made up" by someone on the internet.

Can you please set the record straight on this and include any links if possible so I can let my friends know the truth one way or the other.

Thank you

19. Gsam

Gsam Lieutenant Red Shirt

first time here folks. I already made a post but wasn't sure if quick reply is a different option or not.

Can someone please tell me if the current photos depicting Bones on the cover of empire magazine are accurate or is it a photoshop made by someone on the internet? If possible, please include links so that I can pass the info on to my friends.

Thank you

20. F. King Daniel