Rare Photos: February 2013

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Frontier, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

So I've got a bit of a question for you all...

These rare photo specials have evolved over time. The way I do them, the volume of photos, the focus and/or diversity of subject matter. Well, beyond 2013 I'm not sure of the future of things in their current evolution. Mostly because their is a resounding lack of DS9, Voyager and Enterprise based material.

So my question is this: would it be better to scale back the rare photos to a less frequent basis OR to keep them coming monthly (beyond 2013) with the understanding that 80-90% of what you see is going to be TOS and TNG with only 10% for the rest?

Now that having been asked, if any of you happen to be sitting on a treasure trove of imagery from those shows you want to share... well then nevermind! LOL. But somehow where that the case, I imagine I'd have heard from you before now. ;)

Anywho, onwards to the goodies: http://www.trekcore.com/specials/thumbnails.php?album=149

Favorites:
    2nd Row, Left: Either that's Andy Robinson (Garak) doing a lark of a photo for "First Contact", or they cast his stand-in with his make-up on... :wtf:

3rd Row, Center: Patrick Stewart looking dashing on location for a season 2 episode. Who can name it? ;)

4th Row, Center: A rare serious-looking Rom, circa season 5 or later.

6th Row, Right: Sulu and Uhura publicity photo from the Original Series.

Which Are Your Favorites?

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

My vote? Keep 'em coming as-is. The ratio of the pics wouldn't bother me at all. I love and appreciate whatever we get. :)

P.S. Penpals?

3. Bigjoe

Bigjoe Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The TOS cast stood by the shuttle photo is amazing!

4. Sky

Sky Captain Captain

:techman:

Favorite: Sarek!

5. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

It's one of those "people have seen this photo, but never in this quality" deals. Heh. It's been published a fair bit, but most often in black and white and never in such high quality.

I always notice Shatner not amongst them though. Wonder why?

6. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Since you do these threads for us out of the goodness of your heart, I'd say that YOUR vote is the one that counts. I love the photos however you choose to present them! :bolian:

7. Bigjoe

Bigjoe Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah I noticed Bill wasn't in the picture.

Strange one that.

8. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Please keep them coming as is. I look forward to this posting every month. If you do manage to get addtional photos, all the better. Now for my picks of the month:

1st Row, Right: Love this '30s looking photo of Constance Goodheart,

4th Row, Left: The Rock and Jeri Ryan having a chuckle. It looks like Jeri likes what she sees, and

2nd Row, Right: Interior bridge shot of the Kelvin. Some of those screens remind of of video lottery terminals.

9. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

The shuttle was really designed with such flare.......which funnily enough most of the trousers in that pic have. lol

God i love the 70s.....everything seemed so young.

10. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Keep 'em coming, please. I'm more of a TOS fan anyway. :)

11. jayrath

jayrath Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed -- as is. I look forward to them every month! Great work, and much appreciated. I especially like the shuttlepod, Constance, and George and Nichole in this batch. What is that they're holding?

12. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always look for these posts every month, it's one of highlights of being on the TREK BBS.:)

13. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, Jeri seems to be experiencing some sexual tension. :techman:

I don't recall the episode in detail, but I'll bet the show could have benefitted from that feeling if only they could have used it!