is final unity a good game

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by tmosler, Jul 12, 2013.

1. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I recently discovered that a local thrift store had the game star trek final unity and me being a huge tng fan decided to buy it. My question is i have heard it metioned with 25th aniversary and judrment rights which i heard were both good games so i was wondering if final unity is any good. Also i am going to download it onto a micro sd card then using dos box turbo play it on my asus tablet.

2. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Check it out on youtube... it's got great nostalgia value but as a game to me it's on the tedious side. I found it on youtube a few days ago... I got bored... after a few minutes.

3. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

This is my favourite Star Trek game ever. I remember buying the demo disc which played the movie files as a trailer again and again. It's everything a great Trek game should be; true to the series (they used the space, the final frontier montage). Great storylines, music, cutscenes, jeapordy, easter eggs, space action and planetry exploration. How I wish there was more like this.

4. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have fond memories of the game, but has been since the mid 90s since I played. I don't even know if it can run on Windows 7.

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Is it a good perhaps, is it one of the better Star Trek games, Yes.

6. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow i managed to get this up and running on my tablet using dosbox and i tell you its amazing. I think its cool how you can pick who you want on your away team and the graphics, story, and voice acting makes this game one of my favorite star trek games.

7. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

^^^^^^

Very pleased you like it! Enjoy.

8. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

I tried it a while ago but I think I had the CPU speed in DOSBox set up too high and got blown out of the sky in like 10 seconds when the first space combat bit came up.

9. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

It's outstanding. The combat is not as polished as in Generations, but the script and puzzles are excellent. My only real annoyance was the slowness of it; be sure to accelerate walking wherever possible!

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a game ahead of it's time. I always had fun. It literally had the "feel" of a real Trek episode.

11. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Commander Red Shirt

nm, wrong game

12. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

There are few things more boring than watching someone else play a video game! When you're playing it yourself, it's great.

13. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A little easter egg: when you leave the characters alone on the bridge without touching the mouse for a while, they'll start talking among themselves. Really surprised me the first time that happened, and leaving it alone for hours sees them talk about all sorts of different things. The dialogue recording sessions for the game must have been huge!

14. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

Haha cool!

Didn't know that.

15. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Likewise, almost wanna replay through the game to try this sometime.

16. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed it - very much reminded me of 25th Anniversary and Judgment Rites.