Your Favourite Star Trek Story Line......

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Nero's Shadow, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

The Dominion War was rather broad, so I think I'll go with the Decline of Cardassia.

Honorable mentions: Data's relationship with humanity (up to his sacrifice in Nemesis) and the political prelude to Federation (which would exclude much of the Temporal War stuff).

Something I wish there were more of: the relationship between Vulcan and Romulus.

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Well, TOS didn't really have "storylines" so I guess I have to go with the movie trilogy.

3. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Top: Last ten episodes of DS9

Runners-up:
    -"The Romulans Did It" storyline of ENT S4
    -"Demons/Terra Prime" (which would have been better if it were included with the above)
    -Picard and the Borg

4. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree.:vulcan:

TOS"Space Seed", WOK, SFS, TVH :bolian:

5. Nine of Four

Nine of Four Commander Red Shirt

I have to go with DS9 Dominion War. Just finished for the first time, so I'm probably a little hyped still, and possibly biased, but right now it's my favorite.

TWOK arc is also freakin' amazing, but I may seem a little redundant, as about 75% of this thread seems to agree....

:techman:

6. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the Twok story arc and the Enterprise xindi storyline and Ds9 the dominion war arc.

7. Kirk the Jerk

Kirk the Jerk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah I'd have to vote for the Dominion War as well...

8. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I prefer to stretch this a bit more, perhaps encompassing a good chunk of Season 4. Not only is the BOBW trilogy (and yes, just like you I consider it as such) significant, the theme of family and relationships is perhaps strongest in Season 4. We have episodes about the Soong Boys, Beverly's own personal connections, the departure of Wesley, an episode that explores life on the ship and a wedding through Data's eyes, and an episode that revisits Tasha Yar's past. There's even an intergalactic baby thrown into the mix! And then, the season ends with the deepest look into Worf's own life and his difficulties juggling Starfleet life with Klingon heritage.

So it might not be a complete story in the traditional sense -- I suppose if several of those episodes (and overlooked the ones that don't quite fit in), you could argue that it's more of an anthology. It's fairly clear that the writers and producers were aiming for a central theme that went beyond your standard anomalies aliens of the week. It's not an arc in your usual, serialized sense, but I feel that the theme pops up more than enough times for the thread to be visible.