Bones

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Finn, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I'm checking out Bones on hulu.com. It has been a while since I watched that show. I watched only one half of an recent episode the other day, and i'm starting a new one (both this season). They both appear.... soap opera-y.

Does anybody still watch Bones? Their lines have gotten lame...more lame and they are saying things they would never do in real life.... well more unrealistic than they do in shows like this.

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I'm still kinda watchin', but I've missed most of the episodes this season.

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I still watch. Missed a couple eps this season. It still seems pretty good. Not as good as earlier on, but very few shows are any more.

I'll be watching the Finder spin-off. The initial episode looked good, though the crazy Australian chica won't be in the actual series, kind of a shame. She seemed interesting.

Michael Clarke Duncan gives it some cred in my mind.

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Yeah, I'm goin' to give the spin off a chance, too, 'cause Michael Clarke Duncan is awesome.

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Still stuck in Season 5 on Netflix. I've heard Bones has reverted to being a social moron, though.

6. Ar-Pharazon

^ Yeah, but slightly less "Aspergers" in the way she goes about it.

7. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess it's kind of telling that I didn't even realize it had started up again... Yikes.

8. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been watching, but more out of habit than anything. It's usually on in the background.

9. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

Still watch, and am enjoying the dynamics between Bones/Booth. Watching them settle into a couple with a child on the way is interesting, and funny when Booth's over protectiveness kicks in.

This season will also be shorter than previous seasons, except for maybe the writers strike season, due to Emily Deschanel's pregnancy.

10. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep. Last season it was even more so. It got on my nerves a little bit :lol:. Just a little too robot like.

@ Vanyel: That's me as well. I enjoy seeing their dynamic grow and change :). They've come a long way as characters and as individuals and will help each other continue to grow as their journey continues.

11. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Not as good as before, but this season is a lot better than the last few.

What makes it soap opera-y?

12. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

I think there should only be one more season after this one. Bring back Gorgamon, so Zach might be able to get out and help. I really miss him.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  13. Ar-Pharazon

Probably the new relationship stuff between Brennan & Booth.

14. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I recently watched the entire series on Netflix, and am all caught up now. This season has slightly declined in quality, but part of me feels like that may just be because I am not watching the episodes back to back anymore (why do shows always seem so much more compelling when you watch them on DVD??). For a while there I was obsessively moving on to new episodes for hours at a time because I just had to know what would happen to the characters next, especially near the end of season one through season four. Since then I have still found the show very enjoyable, but I have not been quite so hooked (except, maybe, after the past season's finale, when I felt like having to wait months for the new season to start would be just tortuous).

So anyway, although I agree that maybe this season hasn't been stellar so far, at the same time we've only had a small handful of episodes so far (with not many more to come :(), so I'm not ready to judge it too harshly yet. And I do find the relationship between Booth and Bones to be intriguing this season...I'm sure throwing a baby into the mix will really change things up. Whether it's for better or worse, we'll soon find out.

15. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't find it that bad. Seen worse :lol:. The X-Files kind of got that way... didn't mind the acting, but the writing... was kind of... :wtf:, at times.

An example: The whole 'dearest Dana' thing... O_o. Loving yes, awkward definitely.

At least with Bones (so far), things haven't been taken down that road... and hopefully they won't be.

16. 24thcenstfan

24thcenstfan Commander Red Shirt

I'm watching, but losing interest this current season. The storyline this season has completely changed the dynamics of the show...and not for the better IMO.

17. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Don't know if anyone cares but Bones will be back for series 9.
    http://screenrant.com/bones-tv-show-season-9/
    Sorry for bringing back a Zombie thread. Just did a search for the Bones thread and did not look at the date of the last post.:alienblush:

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  18. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Sweet! I'm still enjoying it.

19. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Getting tired of uncatchable serial killer guy, though.