Toys out early!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by I Grok Spock, Apr 11, 2009.

1. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For any folks out there who plan to collect, I saw the toys out on the shelf today at Toys R Us in Virginia. I'm not planning on getting any, but for those who are, it might be worth an extra trip to the toy aisle in the coming week.

2. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I so bad want to get the 3/4" figures, but if I want a normal looking set I'll have to get two Spocks and two...Sulus? (Either Sulu or Chekov end up in their cadet uniforms with these figures, along with McCoy.)

Then there's the fun of trying to get the heads switched...

The things we're willing to do for Trek...

*sigh*

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  3. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

^You mean u actually play with them?! I thought people only collected them to look at and never open....

4. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I am dying for the Enterprise from playmates to add to my collection. But I need to wait until the end of the month because I have other bills to pay first.

5. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

I'm nowhere near Virginia, but I would still like to know if you saw the ENTERPRISE ship! is it out as well?

6. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I know someone on another message board who lives in California and he picked one up today.

7. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I don't buy the toys...but I always go and look at them in the stores and see how close they came to looking remotely like the actors.

I'll keep an eye out! :)

8. perigee

perigee Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So - when we're talking "Toys" are we talking the hand props too? Phaser, etc.?

9. gastrof

If that was a reply to me, I wouldn't exactly call modding a figure "playing with them". :)

I have display shelves. I prefer the idea of McCoy and Chekov being in their Enterprise uniforms rather than the cadet ones.

10. gastrof

Hey...here's a question.

Any online sources we'd be sure to get what we want from?

I always went crazy during the previous PLAYMATES days, having to go to a dozen different stores to find all the figures I wanted.

Easier to buy online, even if it costs a little more.

11. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can't wait to bag me an Enterprise 1701!!!!

:)

12. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

Well, I guess I am gonna have to go out and pick me up a 1701.

13. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yep, and I was briefly tempted to pick it up, but ultimately declined. It does look pretty cool from the box pix. $29.99.

The communicator looked kinda cool, plus there's a line each from Kirk and Spock. In fact, if the Kirk line is accurate, it's kind of a very minor spoiler.

Something like "Kirk to Enterprise, our chutes failed to open, request immediate beam out!"

You might want to try www.entertainmentearth.com. Of course there's also www.toysrus.com and amazon.

14. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

I'd recomend entertainmentearth ''or'' bigbadtoystore!

15. Eddie Roth

Eddie Roth Commodore Commodore

Will these toys be released internationally? I still haven't heard anything about that yet. And I just looked up imports, they're ridiculously overpriced. The 3 3/4" figures cost 6.99$ apiece in the US, but in Germany, they ask 12,95€ for one which is MORE than double.

16. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was never one to collect toys...

The only thing I will probably get is an Enterprise.

17. Bender23

Bender23 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

A really good online source I have used for these things previously is www.newforcecomics.com. Rick (the owner) has always been top notch with his customer service and his prices are usually some of the lowest around.

18. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dude, I love customising as much as the next guy but you'll be going to a lot of effort for no reason.

McCoy and Chekov in standard uniforms aren't in WAVE 1 of the toys, but they'll be along in wave 2 in the Autumn. It's not like Playmates is only releasing 10 3.75" figures, so relax!

Anyone have a clue when these will get to the UK and what price they'll be?

19. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I'll have to grab at least a couple of these! They look pretty good all things considered. And it's been so long since TREK toys of any kind have been at mass retail it'll be a trip back in time in ways.:techman:

20. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As the figures are damn awful...

I wont be picking any up, but as for the ship and maybe the prop replica toys, maybe :drool:.

The toys still arn't as bad as the Serenity figures that came out though, ill give Playmates that.

I havnt seen any in stores over here in england though. ill keep an eye out.