LCARS Website Template

Discussion in 'Web Sites/Design' started by Garrett00, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Garrett00

Garrett00 Ensign Red Shirt

Here is a brief update on my progress with the new LCARS Website System.

So far I have came up with an array of options here is the list.

screen <- This option can take 4 different variables (full, panel, split, mobile) [default = 'full']
    title <- This option is for the Title of your page (only used for panel pages) [default = '']
    subTitle <- This option is for the Sub Title of your page (only used for panel pages) [default = '']
    colors <- Within the colors options you choose the following
    --| color1 <- first color of page [default = 'pink']
    --| color2 <- second color of page [default = 'orange']
    content <- This option takes two sub options (like colors option does)
    --| padding <- The padding around you content area (can use short hand padding EX: 0 10px 0 5px) [default = 0]
    --| ele <- The element that will inherit the content area roll [default = '#content' ]
    sidePanel <- The element that will inherit the side panel roll [default = '#side-panel']
    upperContent <- The element that will inherit the upper content area roll (only for use with split pages) [default = '#upper-content']
    debug <- This is to turn on or off the debugging tool [default = false]

Along with these options for the page i have added custom color options so you don't need to remember color hexs.
    These means in the color options you can just put "purple" or "red" or "blue" standard colors will work too like "white" or "green" or "lime".

orange = #ff9900
    purple = #cc99cc
    blue = #9999ff
    lightBlue = #9999cc
    red = #cc0000
    lightRed = #cc6666
    tan = #ff9966
    lightTan = "#ffcc99
    pink = #cc6699

All of the color hexs have been taken from Mike Hodgson [www.program.demon.co.uk] and Matt Ridley [www.lcars.net]
    I give thanks to them.

I have finished the Full, Panel and, Split page conversions.
    Also finished all the cross browser checking (works).

All I have left to do is the Mobile page.
    Plus I have to change some things with the button system and rewrite the guide.

Once this is all finished i'll be replacing the current site (see sig) but still provide a download to the old system.

I have removed all of the hidden text files and annoying full screen errors. (sorry)
    Now if there is an error simply turn on debugging and it will give you feedback.

As always this system is free of charge.

Your replies are very welcomed.

Current System Version is 2.0

2. Garrett00

3. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I am checking out your website for the first time. I hope you won't be insulted nor upset, but the white font you are using for instructions is difficult to read. It is like a narrow font in bold which makes the letters fuzzy to the average viewer like me. Is there an alternate font or setting you could use? The font in the left margin (LCARS frame?) is very easy to read. It is a very nice LCARS design.:bolian:

I don't claim to be knowledgeable about website building, I just know what would help me read it easier.:techman:

4. Garrett00

I completely understand It is very hard to read. But the truth is that is the font used for the LCARS system from TNG. I'll try to make it easier to read by finding another font.

Please note that after you download the system you can change the font in the CSS to whatever you wish.

5. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

Is the site gone? Does anyone have the files?

6. Garrett00

Hello everyone, I'm very sorry that I just abandoned this project. I recently got a email from someone asking me about this and I was shocked. I didn't know people were still looking at this post. Now that I know there is still some interest I will take a look back on it.

I wrote this when I was just a little baby wannabe web dev, now I have many more years of experience and knowledge. I'm sure I'll be able to deliver a much better and more solid framework for you to use on your sites. I'm not sure when I'll have this ready to go, but I'll be sure to keep everyone informed. I lost the old code a long time ago, I plan on open sourcing the new code on GitHub for anyone to contribute to. I hope that you will.

Again I apologize for abandoning all of you. Please stay tuned for the new and improved system.

Cheers,

Josh (aka Garrett)

UPDATE

Quick follow-up. I've created the GitHub repo for this project. Nothing there yet. Keeps your eyes on it for updates to come.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  7. Garrett00

A quick progress update. I've been working on this project over the past few weeks and have made some good progress. I've moved the project version up from 0.0.0 to 0.0.1. Not a big leap I know, but it's coming along great. Please check out the project GitHub page, as well as the demo page I've created. I'll have more updates to come soon.

8. Shat Happens

Shat Happens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cool (Nobody likes unfinisehd projects I guess)

9. RossRobotics

RossRobotics Cadet Newbie

I know it's an old thread, but you are the only person that is willing to share a template. Thanks for your work so far, it's really been helpful.

10. murby

murby Ensign Red Shirt