What Is Next For Batman?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

With The Dark Knight Rises coming this summer: July 20, 2012. And Nolan being done with Batman as far as director...not sure as possibly producing someone elses movies...I am sure Warner Brothers would want him around a bit...but What is the future for Batman in films? A realistic re-boot(similar to Nolan's)...something closer to Burton's 1989 movie? Maybe something close to recent various animated versions...slightly cartoony with a bit of realism?

With Batman being a hot movie property I doubt we will ever see a live action TV series...but it would be nice. :bolian:

[edit] Oops! :alienblush: There was this thread from earlier in the month; http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=156223 It hasn't been posted in since the 9th. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  2. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    After this much success, probably coke, hookers, and a couple of busted up nightclubs and a long series of DUI court appearances followed by several failed rehab encounters only to have his life changed by Tom Cruise and Scientology.

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Tom Cruise is definitely involve somewhere. :rommie:

4. Gov Kodos

I don't know if a TV series is out of the question, but it would need to be marketed right. I do think he'd be fine for TV. I don't know if an Adam West camp/satire version would work though. I enjoyed Black Scorpion, even if TV audiences obviously didn't. But I think audiences might take to one in the vein of Nolan's films and made it action oriented and cut down on the comicbook take which is what Scorpion went with for villains.

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Need to see how this Green Arrow show 'Arrow' turns out...but something from the Batman universe should work on TV quite well...Like a Nightwing or Robin series...embargo be DAMNED! :devil:

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would like to see the Bat-Embargo finally dropped so we could actually get a decent live action television series of some sort, weather it be for Bruce or another character. I'd be up for a "Nightwing" series as I stated in the other thread. I don't know that we will get a live action series. We know that Nolan will be Executive Producer on a reboot. We just don't know what direction that is right now.

7. Gov Kodos

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Feel free to post that in the Green Arrow thread; http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=157099

:D

[edit] As far as Batman...I mean if they can have the toons...him in a live action series that would be different from possible future movies shouldn't be too difficult...I mean DC/Warner Bros would be involved in both. :sigh:

9. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I'm not sure how I'd feel about a live-action series, and I'm honestly not sure what a reboot will entail. It's really just going to depend on people's moods in a few years time, what they want out of a "Batman" film.

10. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still waiting for a Justice League movie. Maybe they will get the ball rolling on that again.

11. TheNatureRoy

TheNatureRoy Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'd love to see a very NYPD Blue-like Gotham Central television series with Batman primarily just a shadowy figure in the background of the stories (just like the comic series).

Actually, I think it almost happened several years back.

12. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This has been discussed at length in a recent thread. I will refer the OP there for my thoughts.

13. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe Bruce Wayne actually passes the torch to Joseph Gordon Lewitt, and he becomes the star of a Dark Knight live action TV show?

14. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Since Nolan's big screen adventures were and are so sucessful. I doubt that ANY series other than movies will be in the works. The only thing they have supported was "Smallville".

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I linked to that thread in my OP after I became aware of it. :p If a MOD wants to merge the 2 threads that is fine. :bolian:

16. Admiral_Young

I don't except a Justice League film to happen in the next ten years. I think DC Ent just doesn't know how to do one and make it successful frankly.

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Even though Batman is a hot property right now with the films...I think at some point they should stop with individual movies with all DC characters and do a Justice League trilogy...I know that won't sit well with fan-boys but it could be AWESOME!!! :D

18. Admiral_Young

Actually I think most DC film fans want a Justice Legaue film or trilogy. We just want it done right and treated with the same respect and "seriousness" as Nolan has done with his Batman films. I'm not talking about serious in tone, I'm talking about serious as in an approach. Taking care with the film and story and characters. These are the companies iconic characters. They need to be dealt with that way.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

True dat! ;)

Yeah they need to approach it with respect to the characters and tell a compelling story. I'd like to see a LoTR approach and do a Justice League trilogy filmed all together. But with all these individual projects...I don't see it happening...they need to stop...regroup and do a JL trilogy. IMHO. I want this being what is next for Batman, Superman and the rest.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'd love to see a good live action JL trilogy. Honestly, I really think you would need at least two movies to really be able to do it justice. With so many characters, IMO it would probably take one movie alone to believably introduce their versions of the characters and bring them all together.
    I would love a live action Batman, or Bat related series. As for the approach, IMO I think the way they've gone for a little more realistic feel, but still included comic booky stuff like Killer Croc, and Solomon Grundy in the Arkham games would work great for a live action adaptation.