Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

^It counts if you're sending me a slice.

2. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Last thing I purchased were a bunch of textbooks, which I think will come in very useful in the not too distant future. :)

3. John O.

John O. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just got a new home theater system for myself (because my Klipsch sub finally blew after 7 years) and a new home theater receiver for my mom because her LG Receiver/DVD Player blew:

[edit] Please post any images over 600 pixels wide as thumbnails or links.

Also, please don't hotlink images directly from the website they're on. Host them on a service like Photobucket or Imageshack.

Thanks, Staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
  4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Oh, that's definitely the plan...although, really, I'd like to find a way to switch the phone numbers between the two phones. The one work bought me is way better than my personal phone!

5. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks! :D

It's still way too cold here to wear it, so it gives me one more reason to wish for Spring. :)

In the meantime I just look at it from time to time and sigh. :lol:

6. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

Thank you. I'm really happy with it. Still learning what all it's capable of, but the process is fun.

Nice unit. :p I think this may be coming up on my purchase list before long. I may look you up for advice. My 6 year old Yamaha unit is actually still fine ..., but it doesn't have enough inputs for all our various devices. Was okay not to have the Wii go through the receiver ... until we started using it to watch Netflix content. :borg:

7. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Beautiful camera!

8. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

What games are you going to?? So far I know I'm going to the May 21st game against the Mets.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

At the Cell: April 7 and 8 vs. Rays.
    Wrigley: April 5 and 6 vs. Diamondbacks.

10. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

If the lunch I had yesterday from Burger King counts, then sure, your pizza does too.

11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Last night, we bought about 70 bucks worth of groceries.

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they're both on the same network, you just switch SIM cards around. If not, you'd have to unlock the phone before you could do that.

In other parts of the world, there are dual-SIM phones, so you can have two numbers on one phone. They're not popular in the West because the business model here is different, and no operator wants to subsidise a phone used by a different operator... but I rather like the idea of a dual-SIM to manage work/private lines and hope they eventually make it to our shores in a good smartphone.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, but my personal phone isn't a smartphone, so it doesn't have a data plan or anything. I need to find a way to switch the SIM cards without my personal phone getting charged for the data.

Yeah, this sounds awesome. I was trying to figure out if there was a way I could just get all my personal calls/texts forwarded to my new number.

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

The data plan goes with the SIM, I think.

So if you use the work SIM in your personal phone, you shouldn't get charged for data.

Equally though, you would get charged for any data use you use on the BB with your personal SIM.

I think that's how it works, anyway.

The even better thing about them is that you can switch off one SIM, but leave the other working. So when you clock off, you can turn off the work SIM but still receive personal calls, for instance. It really does solve a lot of problems for those who have to carry work phones.

Thankfully, I don't need to do that anymore, but I will probably need a private second line again in a couple of years time if a particular project gets off the ground. I'll probably import an unlocked dual-SIM then, if they don't make it to our shores by then.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This is the part that concerns me. I don't want to get charged a lot of extra money for using the data features on my BB without having them covered in my personal plan.

I may have to look into this.

16. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

I got the leatherbound Barnes and Nobles exclusive republishing of Jurassic Park and the Lost World (both in one) a few days ago.

17. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

We had straws, not lollipops. Also other games. I won one. :D

Seriously though, I'm too old for this stuff. I ditched around midnight and came back to work on a paper, then hung out with them when they came back here. But clubs just don't do it for me at all anymore. On the other hand, I got an opportunity to wear my new cowboy hat out. Not really many occasions for that!

18. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

19. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

An investment:

[​IMG]

20. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

What kind of tool set is that? Looks pretty suspicious to me. ;)

ETA: w00t! Mail just arrived and in it, ST: TAS.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011