HULK....SMASH!!!!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Johnny Rico, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got my copy of Hulk yesterday, watched it, and liked it.

What I felt different about this version and Ang Lee's version, is the emotion. The genuine emotion coming from Hulk/Bruce when it came to protecting Betty. From the Campus military brawl to the Abomination brawl in the city, I just felt that there was a stronger sense of emotion there than was ever portrayed in Ang Lee's version.

So whenever Hulk finally screamed "Hulk...Smash" up on the roof, I was like "YES!!!".

Any further thoughts???

2. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked it except that I believe too many crucial scenes were cut from the final edit. The CGI was much better, and he truly was the Hulk.

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll be picking up a copy sometime this week. I'm looking foward to all the extra scenes.

4. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does anybody know, given the massive cutting, if there are any plans to produce an 'integral' version with the removed scenes reintegrated into the film, like they did for the Extended Lord of the Rings films? I suspect I would prefer that version, like I prefer the Director's Cut of Daredevil, and would rather wait for such a product than buy this one should it be the case.

Creditorly yours, the Rent Woman

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you're in no rush to buy The Incredible Hulk, you might want to wait a bit for the double dip. Sometimes it was known right off the bat that there would be longer cuts of movies (Lord of the Rings, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Daredevil), but I haven't heard anything about this movie.

6. Pensive

Pensive Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In the theater for the midnight preview, I was squealing like a fangirl at that part.

7. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

for me,

ang lee movie = better bruce banner
    The Incredible Hulk = better hulk

8. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree 100%, there was once upon time I thought the Ang Lee version wasn't up to much, I thought it was disappointing
    but after seeing the Louis Leterrier version full of action but very hollow on subject matter I think Lee's version stands up very well today.

9. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Lee's version was the better movie. Every recast, even Banner, was better in LEE's. William Hurt is way out of his element here. Liv Taylor couldn't act if she tried. And, in my opinion, Bana's Banner was more believable.

Hulk 2008 barely beat Lee's Hulk at the box office....and because of the failure of Hulk 08 I doubt there will be a hulk 3...

Rob

10. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

And, in my opinion, Bana's Banner should be banned! :p

They should've kept Sam Elliot.

I doubt anyone else would've come back.

And I know, it wasn't a sequel...but it still could've been.

It's shame there'll be no third. Because they could have Betty become She-Hulk*, just by painting Liv Tyler's fatter sister Mia green!

*Spare me the lecture, fanboys. I know she isn't She-Hulk in the comics.

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

For those that bought the 2 disc dvd how are the deleted scenes on the second dvd? I heard they split the bonus scenes onto two dvds and was wondering if the extras scenes are worth the extra costs.

12. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

it's actually a 3 disc set with the 3rd being a digital copy of the movie. i hate how the normal version lacks the new opening. :( i was so game to buy it then i saw it and decided not to buy one at all. :( i mean who buys movies for $23 these days? >_< and that was on sale too. yah yah i'm cheap!

13. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Count me with the crowd that enjoyed Ang Lee's version better. As a movie it was much better, and whereas I enjoyed the visuals of the action scenes more in the new movie, overall it felt very flat for me. Even the final battle scene, which was great visually, left me very unengaged emotionally.

14. James Bond

James Bond Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Blu-Ray has been delayed until Friday in Canada because Universal shipped out all the copies to retailers with Ang Lee's Hulk inside it. :rolleyes:

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Talk about a nasty surprise for the fans.:eek:

16. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

I guess Universal loses EVEN MORE MONEY for these discs, since they have to replace every single one of them with the new INCREDIBLE HULK film. :borg:

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I got mine at Target last night and watched the main movie. I've yet to watch any of the deleted scenes but will do so over the next several days.

I much prefer this movie over Ang Lee's. I suspect I'd enjoy it even more if the deleted scenes live up to my expectations and were reincorporated back into the movie. We shall see.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Hulk 03 was pretty meh, Hulk 08 was moderately good but no classic. And what a gip that the 1 disc version has deleted scenes but NOT the Captain America cameo! Yeesh!

The whole time I was watching Hulk 08 I was secretly hoping that Iron Man would make a cameo appearance at the final fight and help take down the Abomination. I was thinking how since its just a bit of CGI with no location filming or even Downey's involvement beyond a voice over, they could have easily kept it secret! Oh well. To me, the Hulk is only a good character when combined with other heroes. Or at least when he's Peter David's 90s Intelligent Hulk.

19. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^
    Yeah, but that would have REALLY cheapened the movie. Having Iron Man come in and save the day in a movie called "The Incredible Hulk"?? Yeah, in an Avengers movie, maybe, or for an earlier fight. Not a final fight and not as a cameo. Thematically and dramatically BAD idea.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well how bout Hulk takes out the Abomination, but then he's so coked up and kill-crazy he starts rampaging and then Ross calls in SHIELD who calls in Iron Man

Actually, was Ross part of SHIELD in the movie? I was unclear on that. Because isn't he part of SHIELD in the Ultimates line, which the movies are apparently being kinda based on?