The Last House on the Left-remake

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Ethros, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't think I've seen a thread on this yet, anyway I just watched the trailer for the remake of Wes Craven's 1972 The Last House on the Left
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/thelasthouseontheleft/

Wiki article for the original film

You can go see it when it comes out on March 13th, or rather don't bother and just watch the trailer instead as it tells you EVERYTHING that happens in the film :rolleyes:

So what do horror fans think of this? IMO remakes of classic horror films can go very right (Dawn of the Dead) and just "what was the point of that?" bad with claptrap like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

This kinda looks along the lines of The Hills Have Eyes remake, (which I enjoyed a lot) in that it follows pretty much the same lines and to be fair not that many have seen the original. And I presume like THHE it will be equally as brutal when it comes to what has to happen

Also I had to laugh that it's Cromartie from T:SCC after the girls :lol:
    Doubt he'll be as good as David Hess in the role though

Thoughts?

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

haha ya, cromartie!

3. Dane_Whitman

Dane_Whitman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't really care. I'm waaaay past the point of being sick and tired of remakes. I'd rather watch Craven's film again than waste time on a remake that will probably suck. Yeah I know, I haven't seen one second of it, but the track record for horror remakes is terrible. With the exception of The Hills Have Eyes, but that was a mediocre film to begin with.

4. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

I've never been a fan of remakes, no matter how good they are. Id much rather see an original production of a movie than the remake, no matter how awesome the remake is.

So, with that, I'm not too terribly excited about this. I am more excited for the Midnight Meattrain.

5. btflash

btflash Captain Captain

couldnt care less. the original wasnt all that great anyway.

6. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, the story of the original Last House On The Left is based on a Scandinavian folk tale which also provided the basis for Ingmar Berman's 1960 film Jungfrukallen (a.k.a. The Virgin Spring), starring Max von Sydow. A timeless story, really, since violent crime and equally violent revenge will always seem to be with us, unfortunately... :(

Even though I'm just as wary of remakes as anyone else, I just might check this out. I actually already saw the trailer on YouTube, and even though it looks considerably glossier, without the guerilla-documentary roughness of Wes Craven's '72 debut, it just might be worth a look...

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They should remake bad movies and turn them into good ones.

How many braindead Bruce Willis or Sly Stallone or Wesley Snipes action movies actually had something there they just never even bothered with?

8. Orintho

Orintho Vice Admiral Admiral

Hated it the first time. I don't hold much faith in any 'improvement'.

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Well apparantly the movie is out today in the US & Canada.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844708/releaseinfo

Although looking at that it's not out here in Blighty till friggin' September! :wtf:
    Even the rest of Europe get it way before we do :wtf: :wtf:

And they wonder why online piracy is such a problem. Fuckwits