The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked Sweeney Todd.:whistle::shifty:

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

3. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wish they'd actually announce who these people are playing to go along with the casting announcement itself.

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

She's probably playing Holly Robinson.

5. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And she was Selina Kyle's friend?

6. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah. She was a prostitute. Fans are speculating that Catwoman will be a prostitute now (she was one in Frank Miller's Batman: Year One).

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I'm not guessing that. I don't think Nolan would introduce Selina as a prostitute. I think he'll introduce her using Jeph Loeb's story from "Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory". Those two stories have been referenced more as being source material than "Year One". That being said I don't have a real problem with Selina appearing as a prostitute, I just don't think it will happen like that.

As for Juno Temple...a street urchin could mean anything. For some reason I have a vision of her playing an older version of Kitrina Falcone (Carmine's daughter, current Catgirl, Selina's sidekick) but doubt that. Holly Robinson is a great guess.

8. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I dunno. I look at Juno Temple, and she really looks like Stephanie Brown.

If Nolan were going to introduce Robin in a film, I could see him going in a direction that no other film or television production has gone.

9. Admiral_Young

^ I didn't even think of Steph.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Judging only by the pictures on DC Comics Database, that was my first thought as well. I think it would be great to see a female Robin. It would definitely be a fun shock for the people who aren't familiar with the comics.

11. Admiral_Young

We're not getting Robin, period. I think Nolan's been very clear about that. That doesn't mean Steph couldn't appear as herself, or even as Spoiler, although the fact that Juno's character is described as a street urchin makes me think neither of these are an option. I'd like to see the kid from the first movie back in a cameo just to see what's become of him :)

12. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

He is playing prince Joffrey in HBO's adaptation of 'Game of Thrones'.

13. Admiral_Young

Is he really? Outstanding.

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

This is not all that unprecedented for a Nolan Batmovie. Obviously for Begins we had the Neeson/ Wanatabe sleight of hand but there was even some mystery ovet Katie Holmes' character, with some people even speculating that she would be Talia.

In fact, the actor Gerard Murphy, who played the corrupt judge in Begins is a friend of a friend. He was offered a role in Batman Begins but was only told that it would be one of three possibilities. He didn't even know who it would be until closer to filming. Back in the day, this was my first and only exclusive that I was able to pass on to both superherohype.com and Batmanonfilm.com!

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Which just goes to show we shouldn't automatically assume that any given cast member is playing a pre-existing comics character rather than a character original to the film.

16. Admiral_Young

^ Yeah this is what most of us are doing anyways. It's a natural reaction to do so with such a lack of information. You can only discuss with what you're given...and since the studio seems to not want to give anything away right now (naturally) we can only use the comics as a reference.

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Or we can just accept that we don't know anything and wait patiently for an answer, rather than imagining we have to make something up to fill the gap.

18. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

That would be ridiculous. Not even journalists do that.

19. Admiral_Young

20. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

But this is the Internet! And the Internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS!