CBS 2011-2012 Fall Schedule

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Starbreaker, May 18, 2011.

1. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks like they're geared up for another year of ratings win. Moving CSI after Criminal Minds shocks me, but they're definitely going to win the ratings every Wednesday with that line up.

2. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

It was time to move CSI and groom a new show in that slot.

CBS' scripted shows for the 2011/2012 season:

One-hour

CSI - 12th season
    CSI: Miami - 10th season
    NCIS - 9th season
    CSI: New York - 8th season
    Criminal Minds - 7th season
    The Mentalist - 4th season
    The Good Wife - 3rd season
    NCIS: Los Angeles - 3rd season
    Blue Bloods - 2nd season
    Hawaii Five-O - 2nd season
    The 2-2 - 1st season
    A Gifted Man - 1st season
    Person of Interest - 1st season
    Unforgettable - 1st season

Half-hour

Two and a Half Men - 9th season
    How I Met Your Mother - 7th season
    Rules of Engagement - 6th season
    The Big Bang Theory - 5th season
    Mike & Molly - 2nd season
    2 Broke Girls - 1st season
    How To Be a Gentleman - 1st season

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I still think the post HIMYM is going to be an issue and two & half men will probably shed a few viewers with Sheen gone. UNFORGETTABLE could not ask for a better lead in audience and the the bar was set pretty low by TGW so not a hard task to follow. Basically last throw of the dice to stop the heavy erosion CSI has been facing, a friday night move is still in the destiny of the once great hit.

TBBT will remain strong but I think the show has peaked due slot its in. I still think CBS may have to lower its expectations for the post TBBT slot. I hope PERSON OF INTEREST is good and survives because I plan to watch it due to actor Michael Emerson though surprised The Mentalist didn't get the 9pm slot.

ROE = the true defenition of burning off episodes all 22 of them ;). The Good Wife may actually harm CSI:Miami' ratings but that doesn't matter much for the olden goldie. Still no word if TGW was indeed picked up for the rumored 2 year deal or just the one.

4. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ack! Double post.

6. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

CBS' scripted shows cancelled in the 2010/2011 season:

One-hour

Medium - 7 seasons (5 on NBC and 2 on CBS)
    Chaos - 1 season
    Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior - 1 season
    The Defenders - 1 season

Half-hour

Mad Love - 1 season
    Shit My Dad Says - 1 season

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

finally putting Medium to rest.

8. Starbreaker

Yeah, that was cancelled months ago.

Apparently, Person of Interest was the highest rated drama pilot ever at CBS while Two Broke Girls was the highest testing pilot EVER at CBS.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Really looking forward to this without knowing much about it simply because of J.J Abrams/Michael Emerson and the fact its scoring high in the pilot scores.

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I love this

:lol:

I have to admit after just seeing the two character fors How to be a Gentleman, it may have the potential to be funny, I will keep an eye out to see how the ratings/buzz are before I add it to my list.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

They're airing Rules SATURDAY NIGHTS?!?! :wtf:

12. Starbreaker

Yeah, that's pretty bizarre, but CBS did it earlier in the decade with The District.

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

CBS only brought it back to pass 90 episodes and have a decent package to sell on for reruns, DVD etc. I doubt they care if it aired at 2am in the morning :p

14. Roland19

Roland19 Commander Red Shirt

CBS, imo, has the best lineup so far. They renewed Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, and the orignal CSI, plus they have Persons of Interest and Unforgettable and A Gifted Man sound interesting. I'll be watching Five-0, Blue Bloods, CSI, and Persons of Interest for sure. I may check out Unforgettable and A Gifted Man. I want to see a trailers for both before I decide though. Overall, though, this is a lot better than ABC, NBC, and FOX's lineups.

15. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Persons of Interest sounds a little more Minority Reportish that I expected. That's cool!

The cops do that too, it's called "racial profiling." :rommie: Presumably whatever pattern recognition they're using will have enough technobabble thrown in so that this doesn't sound like the LAPD run by a billionaire...

16. Temis the Vorta

When I watch How to be a Gentleman, I'll pretend that Johnny Drama is playing the role of Bert Lansing. In fact, Entourage should integrate the show into their show, assuming they're getting another season?

17. Temis the Vorta

CBS Previews!

Ugh, why does How to Be a Gentleman have to have a laugh track? I probably won't be able to tolerate it for long. I had high hopes but I think it would actually be a lot funnier as a show within a show on Entourage. Johnny Drama's big break!

Person of Interest looks as kick-ass as I'd hoped. :bolian: Wow, do all hobos look like Jim Caveziel underneath? I'll have to start being nicer to them! Caveziel's performance is great - love the Dirty Harry whisper and the lack of affect, juuust this side of creepy.

Michael Emerson describes it as 'science fiction that isn't really science fiction anymore.' (They should use that on the ads.) JJ Abrams describes the show as a real world Batman. Between this and Alcatraz, I think he has the two best new shows of the season!

18. Starbreaker

Just watched the clips. I didn't think the comedies were funny, but I did like all the dramas to varying degrees. Surprisingly, A Gifted Man looks the best.

19. Witterquick

Witterquick Captain Captain

Persons is like Dexter in reverse.