Buffy season nine discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

buffy #3 awesome and the art just keeps getting better, as does the story.
    angel & faith #3 awesome I was hoping for a 6 parter for both stories but it looks like it will be a 4 parter.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  3. Admiral_Young

New preview up for issue four of Buffy Season Nine...and Angel and Faith #4 comes out tomorrow.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=10617

Does anyone else think that there could be an off chance Joss and company have been hinting at a Buffy/Spike reunion? I think they're both in a good place right now in their friendship. With everything that went on with Angel last season I think we've seen the end of that relationship. I've never been against Spike/Buffy as most other fans even though I understand they're hatred of it. I think Buffy needs someone or she is going to start to "lose" herself.

4. timothy

very cool I am looking forward to it.

5. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some people on Buffyforums (not Spuffies. who tend to be more pessimistic) have been using the words "neon signs" rather than "off chance"... However, I wouldn't hold my breath for it to turn out well if they actually go get back together - because it's unlikely that Joss would ever allow Buffy to have a happy relationship. Therefore I expect a lot of UST, mixed signals, crossed wires, that kind of thing. If they do get together, something horrible will probably happen, because... you know:

Joss => :evil:[​IMG]:wah: <=Buffy

Most other fans? :lol: Spuffy shippers are by far the most numerous shipper group in the fandom. Although lately there's a trend of people who didn't use to like Spuffy on the show being more into it in the comics.

6. Admiral_Young

I didn't know Buffy and Spike had such a large following. I've never posted in any Buffy forums before....that's good to know though. Yeah I don't expect anything to happen with Buffy and Spike or even romantically with anyone else.

7. Admiral_Young

Angel and Faith #4 was really good. I continue to enjoy this book more than Buffy Season Nine. Both of these are very different in tone and story which I think has been done on purpose. Joss and Scott Allie I believe said something along the lines that they wanted to take a more grounded route with Buffy after the events of last season which they've done so far. While Angel and Faith has the feel of an adventure quest book! I really love the dynamic between Faith and Angel. Angel seems to becoming more obsessive regarding his goal of resurrecting Giles to the point of dressing and mimicking his voice now. This is going to be interesting to see how this goes down. The art work is just something special. I wish the Buffy book had this much detail and accuracy of likeness.

8. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I prefer Spuffy over Bangel as well. Less angst, more fun.

9. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spuffy and Bangel have both had angst aplenty. The difference is just that Spuffy also has humorous and down-to-earth moments; Bangel, not so much. Bangel was always epic romance drama, Spuffy gets to mix different genres.

I did like Bangel back in the day (certainly not in season 8, though - oh god, no), but Spuffy appeals more to me because Spike and Buffy communicate in a no-nonsense way that I like better, and because the dysfunction is out there in the open, while the love and the deeper and tenderer emotions are mostly shown through actions and just hinted and left unsaid. Unlike Angel and Buffy who were always talking about their love and making big romantic statements, and where the deep dysfunction gets covered in nice romantic surface (Spike/Drusilla were like Angel/Buffy in that respect).

10. Admiral_Young

11. timothy

very cool I can't wait till I get them.

12. timothy

now did it look like angel is turning into giles or was that just me?

13. Admiral_Young

I mentioned that in my post on the issue if you bothered to read it.

14. timothy

well I just read angel today so I did'nt want spoilers. issue #4 was a great read.

15. Admiral_Young

16. timothy

nice cover art on that HC. looking forward to adding to my collection.

17. Admiral_Young

18. timothy

now there is a vampire who could be my sire.

19. Admiral_Young

Finished reading issue four and this felt like a November sweeps type episode :) Fascinating developments in this one. Severin looks like he's just a pawn in a much larger plan. One of the people who was teased in season eight's finale showed up at the end. Buffy is no longer on the most wanted list. I am loving Spike in this series. The problems I had at the start of the season have slowly started to diminish as we continue to progress onwards and upwards. I think Joss and Scott have something big planned in mind. Something we're not quite able to see...maybe not as huge as Twilight but close.

20. timothy

well digital dark horse is finally releasing classic buffy for those who are interested. I know I am. they have the first two omnibus's out now.