Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I believe Castiel told Jimmy that his bloodline allowed him to comfortably host an angel presence without suffering ill effects. Lucifer's host, for instance, gradually rotted, and the other archangels had a tendency to hollow-out their hosts.

2. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Yeah, they've always been able to possess just about anyone. It's just some bloodlines/hosts are more suitable for long term possession than others. And with all of the angels having fallen to earth, and only so many hosts available, it's no surprise that they're desperate to get any kind of suitable body they can by any means necessary.

That said, if this is the same Ezekiel who was a prophet that God rose from a human to divinity, and especially since Castiel not only knows of him but knows him to be one of the "good guys," I'm leaning towards him being, you know, one of the good guys. Especially since we've seen so very few angels who were. Having yet another douchebag angel would just be boring and repetitive at this point.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Okay, got it. So angels aren't tied to specific bloodlines, it's just that certain bloodlines are more "compatible" and preferable to others. I did remember Nick as Lucifer's vessel in Season Five, but I always assumed he had the right bloodline for it (albeit not one as pure as Sam's).

I agree that having Ezekiel be yet another bad guy angel with an ulterior motive would be boring. Hopefully for once the Winchesters have encountered another angel who's actually on the level.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about trade the word "pure" for "specific" and not specific for Angels in general but specific for specific Angels.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

The host body for Cass's friend was already starting to deteriorate as they were driving along.

6. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I feel there wasn't really much that happened in tonight's episode. Abbadon returned and tried to make a half-assed attempt to fight Sam and Dean and find out where Crowley was. Ezekiel took over Sam's consciousness at the last minute and defeated Abbie's demons. Then Crowley tried to get into Kevin's head by telling him his mother was still alive.

7. RJDiogenes

And Kevin was tough enough to resist Crowley, at least to the extent of letting him go; Dean declared Kevin family; Abbadon established herself as a more aggressive Big Bad than Crowley; Crowley has been confirmed as compromised by last season's purging; and having an Angel inside him seems to be healing Sam's mind as well as his injuries. Although Zeke's wings looked a bit tattered and torn to me.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ach, I missed this again, didn't it use to air on Wednesday? I'm not used to it being on Tuesday, I'll have to set the DVR to record new episodes as they air.

9. Skywalker

Thursdays for five years, Fridays for two years, Wednesdays for one year, and now Tuesdays. I think the CW expected it to die off on Friday night, but instead it's remained one of the network's top shows. :lol:

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^Yes, they did. I thought that was a nice touch.

11. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

It's debut season on the WB, aired on Tuesday night for season 1, before relocating to Thursdays in the second year. ;)

12. Skywalker

Ah, okay. I didn't start watching the show until the Season Two premiere (after which I promptly tore through Season One :lol:). After looking it up on Wikipedia, it looks like most of Season One aired on Tuesdays before the WB moved it to Thursdays for its last few eps. You learn something new every day. :techman:

13. RJDiogenes

Me, too. I don't think many people noticed, though.

14. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I found it odd that Zeke had so much power at his disposal when just days before he was barely able to stand.
    Nice to see new hunters show up even if they end up being demon fodder. Now where is Garth?

15. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Maybe the writer's haven't forgetten just how powerful Sam really is. I mean, if he can supercharge himself on demon blood, who's to say what he can do with a full-blown angel inside of him.

16. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was one continuity issue that nagged at me. When we first learned about the Men of Letters bunker, we were told it was warded against any known evil. It is why it is supposed to be such a safe place.

With those wards in place, how could the Winchesters bring the King of Hell into the bunker? It should have been impossible.

17. Gryffindorian

But I thought Crowley had been spiritually castrated after Dean tortured him and performed a ritual last season.

18. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He still seemed pretty evil to me in the way he tried to torment Kevin.

19. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

You mean Sam.

20. Gryffindorian

Right. One of Sammy's missions was to exorcise a demon, so the brothers decided to go with Crowley.