Zack Snyder will direct SUPERMAN

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Intergang would set up Darkseid more than Lex. In the Bruce Timm cartoon Intergang was just a front/reconnaissance for Darkseid's forces prior to an all-out invasion.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I disagree once again you're putting too much regard into various interpretations of stories, it maybe wouldn't have set up Lex (i was thinking more of a rival for Edge and their feud causing problems for Supes) but it doesn't mean that it would set up Darkseid either. Intergang can be it's own entity without setting up anyting.

3. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Well, perhaps. But it would be nice if Superman fought a big cosmic enemy that wasn't General Zod.

4. Admiral_Young

I think Darkseid would be a Justice League style enemy in terms of a movie villain...someone so powerful and dangerous that only a band of the Earth's greatest heroes can defeat him.

5. Sabataage

Sabataage Commander Red Shirt

There may be no villain at all. The move could just be Superman figuring out he can't just "fix" world's problems, but instead must focus on saving people, as many s possible, for the rest of his long life.

6. Admiral_Young

^ I seriously doubt that. From reading all the negative feedback from "Superman Returns" this would probably put people off. As as I've stated I think we'll get a "Batman Begins" type film where we have an established Superman but through the use of flashbacks see where he got to the point he is in the movie and deal with a couple of villains, one will be the primary villain with one a secondary concern.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

from werewolf to supes.

9. Admiral_Young

I saw that myself. I'd be fine with him I guess.

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I didn't remember until I saw it in Moviehole that he'd previously been Flash Thompson in Spider-man. Haven't seen him in True Blood as that season hasn't made it across the pond yet. He looks the part, though the big nose is a little off-putting.

11. Admiral_Young

Yeah I thought for a minimal role he was a good Flash Thompson. We really never got to see much of the bullying aspect of Peter's high school life in the first movie, there was just hints of it.

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I say go with Joe...if Routh is out and Welling doesn't have a chance...go with Joe. I can't see Jon Hamm as Supes.

13. Admiral_Young

Matthew Bomer only seems to be a fanboy wish and a minimal one at that so yeah I'd go with Joe as well.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why would you even want Welling? :p

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    I really don't. :lol:

16. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Did someone mention Jonathan Bennett before? I could have sworn I saw his name in one of the Superman threads, but hell if I can find it now. Anyway, just saw him in MEAN GIRLS not long ago and thought he looked suitable (er, no pun intended). His look tends to be very mutable but in that movie he looked like both Brandon Routh and John Barrowman. So...just a thought.

17. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Bryan Singer talks Zack Snyder and the Superman reboot.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEICOz3hs72yLM

Interesting that Singer makes it sound like he willingly left when from what I understood, WB just decided to not go with a sequel for Superman Returns. I guess appearing like you left makes for better appearances than saying that you were not hired to return.

18. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

19. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Joe Manganiello as Superman but I just can't quite see him as Clark Kent. Same for Jon Hamm but just the opposite: I can see him as Clark Kent but not as Superman. It's easy to forget that whoever gets cast really has to play two roles and has to be able to juggle them effortlessly in order to convince people that he can be two different people who are really the same person.

20. Admiral_Young