OMG COLD IN HERE!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Plecostomus, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

I'm tired of people whinging about the heat. I mean seriously, it's sixty five degrees in here, or roughly 17.5 for those of you of a metric leaning. Good lord even the front office is 75 degrees and we got people up there bitching about the heat.

What the hell, I mean it. WHAT the HELL? It's the same temp inside that it always is, and yet people are OMG TOO HOT TO WORK... Only exception is the welding area, that's open-air so it's hotter than... well hotter than any number of amusing yet crude heat related metaphors.

Seriously though, those of you sitting in air-conditioned boxes please stop complaining.

2. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I loathe anything above 65 F.

3. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

This. I likes it cold!

4. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

65-70 degrees F is my comfort zone. I like to wear layers so this temperature range still allows for it. But I don't mind warmer temperatures. I can't stand the cold.

5. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

It's only like 82 in the house. It's definitely cooling down. :)

6. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

A lot of my work is outside so the colder the better.
    saying that I dont mind 16 degrees cel but any warmer and I just want to sleep.
    roll on the winter with it's loverly cold days and dark evenings.

7. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

Isn't that like 60 degrees fahrenheit? That's like being in a freezer.

8. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

absolutely
    I want to move to Canada simply for the weather.

9. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

Yeah but it's full of Canadians and inferior beer.

10. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

Put on a freaking sweater? :rolleyes: At least you can just add layers. You want your coworkers who are too hot to start stripping off?

Sorry, I just can't stand people who bitch about the cold. Not hard to solve it compared to being too hot.

11. Supreme Admiral

Supreme Admiral Captain

I couldn't stop laughing over this! :guffaw:

I LOVE COLD, PERIOD! :guffaw:

12. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

I am not bitching about it being cold. I am bitching about it being the exact same temp in here that it is every day... yet people are disfucntional because of the "heat." People who have been sitting in boxes all day without going outside. People who haven't left the confines of the quality lab.

Those people.

13. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

Um...since when is 65 hot!? Even when I was living in the Northeast, that was comfortable at highest unless it was the dead of winter.

I challenge anyone bitching about the heat to move in with me, down here in sunny Texas, for a week. :p

14. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

There are some climates that just aren't natural for humans I think :nyah:

15. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Them's fightin' words. :p

If living in Canada has made me realize one thing about myself, it's that I generally prefer the heat. I absolutely hate winter-time here. Right now it's 30 degrees Celsius out (86 Fahrenheit, for my American friends), and while that's perhaps a bit hotter than I'd like, it's okay. The real killer is the humidity, which is making the temperature feel more like 38 Celsius (a little over 100 Fahrenheit), but again, I'm not going to complain.

The thermostat in my apartment (which is in Fahrenheit, for some reason) reads about 80 degrees (26.6 Celsius), which is tolerable, as long as I've got my fan on (and remain in nothing more than my underwear, of course ;)).

16. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah people do that at my work too. I'm shivering and having to bring blankets to work and they are waving paper in front of their face saying, "oh my god it's so HOT in here!" Are you kidding me? It's over 100F outside. It's 70F inside. Have some perspective!

17. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hubby and I went to see Richard III at a Shakespeare in the park. Towards the end, it was getting downright cool.

THAT felt "kinda cool"?!

18. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Your entire continent is full of inferior beer, but I digress.

70F works out at 21C which is hardly cold at all. I've been to football matches in stadiums that act like wind tunnels when it's already hovering around 0C outside.

Given how many times I've heard Crusher Disciple talk about how it never rains in your state, that is in no way a good thing. Rain is a vital part of producing food and if the land is not capable of producing food then it's not suitable for human life no matter what man made devices you use to make it more so.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Somebody at work decided to turn the heat on yesterday. It was 88 degrees outside, and I walked into work, and the heat was blasting out of the vents!

I immediately turned it down.

20. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    And all (including y'all in Texas) are invited to come and spend a week living here in the cummer where it's routinely 114F and can get up to 121F (45.56C to to 49.4C).