The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, I'm not really in favor of what seemed like they were trying to force-start something there, but, there definitely was a bit of a spark starting on their trip for the meds, and it did seem like they were trying to have something to replace his relationship with Carol with. Which, again, I'm not in favor of, if Carol is to be killed or permanently off the show in any other way, I'd much rather see him pining for her for awhile, rather than shoving him into a replacement relationship.

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Agreed, Sindatur. Their conversation seemed terribly forced. Reedus doesn't do "cute" banter well at all. Seems like a bunch of nothing to me. It's not even as if I'm pining for Daryl and Carol to have a romance. Their bond almost seemed to transcend that. It was lovely and it would be a crying shame to throw it aside. Surely the writers can't be that blind. If the writers were trying to script flirting between Daryl and Michonne, it wasn't successful. Michonne seems far more comfortable with Rick and the actress more natural interacting with Andrew Lincoln. Gurai and Reedus have zero chemistry of any kind.

3. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the comic Michonne and
    Tyreese
    hook up.

4. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been thinking that Michonne and Rick might go well together.

5. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

What about the chemistry between Daryl and Hershel? Yeeeeeeah.

6. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^No.
    I didn't read the comics but I pictured that happening, though the TV and comic have differences and the show might not follow the comics storyline.

Misquote. I didn't say that, it was Triskelion.

7. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry; misplaced quote tags.

But the point stands!

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I've only been skimming this thread, but does anyone else think the Governor is luring walkers to the prison fence?

9. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not certain how plausibly he could get inside the fence (without anyone noticing) to do the rat-baiting. But if he can, then yes. There's no one inside who's a better suspect. Lizzy maybe, but it doesn't sound right for her.

10. Savage Dragon

I just meant he might be drawing in large numbers of Walkers to the fence to make life difficult for those on the inside. Not that he is the rat-baiter.

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I think he might have a mole inside the prison who's the one luring the Walkers to the fence. I'm not sure how he'd lure them to the fence by any other means from outside the prison.

12. Savage Dragon

He'd just needs to make some noise and then duck out of site when he got close to the prison.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah, I doubt it. He'd be "exposing himself" too much if he did something like that.

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I've thought all along that the Governor is somehow responsible for the large number of zombies accumulating around the prison.

15. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope it doesn't turn out that the Governor is leading the Walkers to the prison, that would just be stupid and our heroes would have seen some sort of evidence of that taking place, it's not as if they are harmless head of cattle and if he was why not finish the job by cutting the fence an letting them in?

Second it's a dumb to think that dangling a few rats through the fence is luring them there.
    What are they ultra preservative that they can hear a rat being dangled through a fence from miles away?
    I really think the whole rat thing is just Lizzy feeding her pets.

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

The rats are a red herring. There's no connection. He's doing it some other way.

17. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

Most of this clip was shown on Talking Dead last week.
    The beginning has some footage that was not shown.
    I know who the first person seen in the clip looks like to me, who do you think it is?

It's clearly edited to be misleading. We'll see tonight just who all these people are.

As it's a "sneak peek" there are potential spoilers.
    Watch at your own risk.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhraZjZRIkk&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLP63B9XPsQt390PW9xZUSwOILzNP3stO7[/yt]

18. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I watched the episode last night, it was the most gripping TWD has been for a while. Hershal was a total badass, and I really like the contrast between him pulling the zombies around the corner to protect the children and Rick standing side by side with Carl to face the oncoming herd.

19. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Its all the woodberry people he gunned down the last time we saw him. Not sure what the mystery is there?

20. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

When I first saw it I thought the first person seen in the clip was Rick.

Upon re-watch it looks like you're right.