In case you've ever wondered who 'that' guy was in the credits.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ed629, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

So you see a lot of names in the credits for Trek, maybe you wondered who they were or what they look like. Or more likely don't care, well for those that have inquisitive minds, here is Andre Bormanis.

[​IMG]

2. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Um ... OK? I'm sorry, but is his name supposed to mean anything to me? What has he written?

3. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

He was science advisor in the later series. And wrote a few Enterprise episodes, IIRC. Maybe some Voyager episodes too.

4. ShamelessMcBundy

So can I blame him for Enterprise then? ;)

5. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Being "science advisor" for any of the latter Trek shows must have been an easy job since the writers/producers just discarded whatever you said.

Advisor: "Hey guys, I hear you were talking about mining deuterium? Just so you know, that stuff is all over the interstellar medium. You don't have to 'mine' it from asteroids or something."
    Writers: "Dude, shut up! Just take your paycheck and go play with an Erector set or something."

6. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

I'm watching "The Universe" on NetFlix, this episode deals with fact/fiction from science fiction, he's talking about transporters in the screen grab.

7. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I already knew who Andre Bormanis was, but that doesn't make this topic any less pointless. I mean, did people forget that threads are supposed to be about promoting further conversation? Provide some context of what show he was appearing on (Edit: which of course you did as I was typing this up). Provide a premise you'd like to discuss in-depth. What is there here except for people to either recognize or not recognize who he is? We need content!

8. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

Ok, how about "Pics of people you were curious to who they were?" And why?

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm sure I could google the pictures of a lot of people. Doesn't mean I would start a thread about them.

10. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

Yet how much money gaydar could make someone is?

11. ShamelessMcBundy

It's wise not to compare anything to a Jayson thread. It just ... will cause heads to explode.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

No, but at least it can spark fun conversation.

13. Locutus of Bored

Jayson's not really a good example, since we close a lot of his threads for lacking content too (especially when he starts a bunch in a row). I'll grant that he does get a pass on the funnier and more outlandish ones.

Anyway, I didn't close your thread, since you don't go overboard with spamming threads like Jayson often does, so it's kind of a moot point. Just bear in mind that the idea is to start a ongoing back and forth conversation, so one line and a picture that kind of dead ends right there is a bad choice.

14. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

Actually it's a pretty interesting episode, so far everything has been from Star Trek, even JJ Abram's Trek. How it may be possible for certain things to come to exist, others not so good. For example, a mini black from red matter, total bunk. Now terrraforming segment.

15. Locutus of Bored

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything I said, but okay. Clearly you've moved on to discussing The Universe segment you saw Bormanis on, the content of which would have been the perfect subject to discuss here. However, you didn't mention that in your OP, which is what we were talking about.

Anyway, so please, discuss some of the things in The Universe episode. That would be great.

16. ShamelessMcBundy

Yeah ok, but what the frak is red matter anyway?

17. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not certain, but I think the science advisers wrote the techno babble. And since most scripts read like, "I have a [tech] at the [tech]. Should we [tech]?" I think that means they wrote at least half of every script.

18. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

In case anyone was wonder what I looked like today:

[​IMG]

Now you know.

19. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Something tells me this thread has a lot to do with this thread.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

If you've read TheGodBen's Enterprise review thread, then you'd know that Andre Bormanis was rather unreliable as a scientific advisor because he was too easily distracted by the ladies.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.