Trailer coming December 14th!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Nov 16, 2012.

1. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Here's hoping that it is the same for Canadian threatres. Quite often, Cineplex Odeon does not show the same trailers I hear are being shown un the U.S. Drives me crazy when that happens.

2. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

That makes sense. To be honest, I'm more geeked about the three Hobbit movies than I am Into Darkness, but if the trailer looks good and Cumberbatch ISN'T playing Khan, then I'll be more into it.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Since I'm going to see The Hobbit with my wife, it'll at least be a worthwhile trip.

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of those the preceding week.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  5. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wasn't planning to see "The Hobbit" in the theater.... This news probably won't convince me to change my mind (unless any friends really want to see the movie). I suspect the trailer will be leaked online within a matter of hours, anyway.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

It won't take long, maybe a couple of days for the trailer to be online officially. I'd wait for it to be officially online, better picture quality.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pfft. Half the fun is in squinting at the shaky phone cam footage with tinny sound.

This was my first peek at STXI:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBQyjrRgE4c[/yt]

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting that Spock's insignia is on the wrong side in one scene there. Any reason for that?

Also.. I wonder if we will get a version of "the wait is over" this time!

9. F. King Daniel

I think they just flipped the shot so it looked better. In STXI, a couple of other shots (not the Spock one) were flipped - the shot of Robau sitting down (they airbrushed his badge off rather than have it on the wrong side) and during the Kirk/Nero fight at the end (watch Nero's damaged ear change sides!)

10. teacake

But it wasn't flipped in the actual movie was it? The strangling scene?

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

No, not in the movie, but the trailer has a kind of rhythm of "something happening on/moving from right side of screen, then left side, then right side, etc." Apparently they wanted that shot in that place in the sequence, but flipped it so as not to interrupt or unbalance the right-left-right-left rhythm.

12. teacake

Ah. I had noticed that some fanvids had this scene like this and I hadn't realized it came from the trailer. I'm surprised they didn't just photoshop/whatever the insignia for the trailer.

13. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!! Wow a preview AND a trailer!!

I REALLY thought this movie needed word of mouth and publicity before the end of 2012, and thankfully it's getting it.

14. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

OK guess im seeing the Hobbit at IMAX...a new IMAX theater is opening up closer to me exactly on DEC 14th!!

RAMA

15. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Disney didn't break anything! Lucas is just going to be a rubber stamp, there's no way Disney paid him 4 billion dollars just to let him frak it all up again.

To Disney, Luke Skywalker = Snow White = cash cow to milk for all eternity. They made a Snow White movie in 1937, which didn't stop them from recasting the role 75 years later for a TV series. Luke and the gang are going to be like that. The role will be recast in the forseaable future and keep being recast when we're all dead & gone & people watch Star Wars on holodecks.

But Darth Vader is an even bigger brand name than Luke, so I have no doubt that a reboot of the prequel, which can hardly help but be an improvement, is an inevitability, since that's the simplest way to revive Darth's brand as an excuse to make more $$$ off the guy.

16. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Lucas is working closely with Disney apparently, he is officially a "consultant" on the movie, however, he wrote or co-wrote a story and "has created a lot of characters"...enough to keep Star Wars going for some time to come, according to Lucas in a video interview.

As far as SW affecting ST? why is everyone asking that. SW movies were released in 1980 and 1983, ST movies in 1979 and 1984, they both did quite well. The prequels came out when ST was on a downward note, but insurrection in 1998 still did fairly well when PM was released the same year. The Episdoe 7 will come out a full year after ST:ID, so there will be no direct competition at all.

RAMA

17. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, you're not wrong there! That was fun to watch again. :techman:

18. F. King Daniel

19. teacake

WHAT WHAT OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Anthony at TrekMovie seems less sure about the news, but is checking into it:

https://twitter.com/TrekMovie/status/270697735429173248

https://twitter.com/TrekMovie/status/270697907806670848