The Starship Pisces

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by The Castellan, Sep 30, 2012.

1. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

Hi yas!

This is pretty much my first official custom I have made.:)

The Pisces:

In the late 24th century, the 2360's to be more exact, a group of bounty hunters (which includes Cassy Morrison's human wife, Luna.) realized that they needed a starship to extend their business ventures. Therefore, they went and purchased/traded with the Qualor Surplus Depot Z15 parts from various, decommissioned Starships. The Pisces, as the bounty hunter's ship was to be called, consisted of mainly a large, cargo container with 23rd century parts, mainly warp drives pods, impulse housings, and a saucer. The ship was capable of saucer separation, both the saucer and the secondary sections were both capable of impulse and warp travel, allowing the crew to jettison one section if in an emergency, while still able to make use of the remaining one. Its shuttle bays are located in the horizontal warp pod supports, and carries various small craft, from shuttles to a few fighters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The parts used to make the Pisces were from various ships, and the names and numbers were removed, only a faint impression where the paint was remain.
    [​IMG]

Note the mis-matched numbers, further showing the ship was made from pieces of different ships.:cool:
    [​IMG]

Parts used here were Starkillers Constitution kit, and the Crossbow add-ons. :D

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Nice work, good looking ship.

It's a good idea having a warp nacelle for the saucer only. Are the extra deflector dishes for a saucer only flight too?

Also, the lettering on that top nacelle (left side) is reversed.

3. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Actually it's not reversed, it's up-side-down, which is a great touch since the whole engine looks like it's a Scout/Destroyer engine attached up-side-down to the top of this vessel.

Over all, I'm not sure how I feel about this ship, but I do think the faded registry paint is a nice touch.

--Alex

4. The Castellan

Yep, so the saucer has deflectors. That's done on purpose, it's supposed to be a sorta Frankenstein like thing we got here. :D

Thanks, I might rename the ship, so I can put a name on it, on top of the faint writing. Sorta like how one sees on air planes when the original words and so on are removed.:techman:

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice kitbashed ship there :D

6. Bell'Orso

Bell'Orso Lieutenant Red Shirt

One would think a bunch of privateers would be lucky to scrape together what parts they can. so the idea of two additional deflector dishes seems a bit unlikely. More likely they found a more or less complete Saladin- or Hermes-class scout (whichever is the one with the dish hanging from where the planetary sensor usually sits) and simply moved the lower neck and warp nacelle to the top rotated 180 degrees, hence the upside down nacelle.

Other than those minor nitpicks, though, I do love this design and backstory. Keep up the good work! :)

7. The Castellan

nice thing about old technology, the parts are cheap. :D:bolian:

8. Bell'Orso

Meh, setting the moey issue aside for now, it would still look just that much better with just one additional dish.

*goes off to build himself his own USS Monitor*

9. The Castellan

Well, not sure if Zackdorn are Federation members, hence the money issue being mentioned, but when you got some bounty hunters, who probably have only basic starship engineering knowledge, I think they are going for function over form. Plus the shuttle bays are in that crossbar neck thing, and I tried with the single dish, but the shuttles and fighters will have to steer around it each time they leave the hanger bay. ;) And there's nothing more embarrassing then having a few of your crew accidentally slamming into the dish when having the launch in a hurry. :lol:

10. The Castellan

Here's another attempt at making the ship, this time more compact. Plus you'll see even more Frankenstein work done, and mismashed parts even more evident. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Kaiser

I like this version more :) :techman:

12. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I like this version better as well, though I tend to dislike most anything with a third nacelle.

13. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting, but where'd that other ship come from? Looks like a blend of the TOS, TMP, and Trek2009 Connies.

14. Kaiser

That MadMan's USS Defiant NCC-1764-A Model :)

15. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Castellan, as you asked, I took a shot at it. I elected to do a "tweaked" version of the second attempt. The big change was the position of the nacelles and the orientation of the nacelle pylons. I kept the "dangly dish", even though I generally dislike those.

[​IMG]

16. The Castellan

Hey, I like that, thanks. :techman:

And man, you're fast at this. :D

17. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

I've gotten a lot faster since I learned how to use the pixel grid to align parts. No more doing an overlay and putting down a bunch of guidelines. It also helps that I had a "template" to follow, so I wasn't trying this thing and that until I got something I liked.

18. Bell'Orso

Now THAT is one lovely ship!

19. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Someone wanted to see a slightly elevated saucer, so here it is...

[​IMG]

20. The Castellan

Here's another possible one for the ship, my latest monstrosity. :D
    [​IMG]

The ship can break apart into 3 pieces, if needed. Each piece is self-contained with warp pods and sublight. The ventral one between the 2 cargo tanks is often inert, just used for extra energy, especially since this one only has phasers.