Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dream, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The game has finally been released! Who else is getting it? The game looks promising since several reviews have mentioned that they listened to fans and made improvements on the original. Looks like they also did the novel/comic/game thing again for the sequel.

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleased II

I guess SWTFU just isn't my cup of tea, the gameplay doesn't seem to be able to stand on its own - I keep missing a "real" RPG element to it.

Okay, to be honest, I just want a modern KOTOR with ME2's level of action-oriented, flowing gameplay.

3. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I intend to get it but so far what I've heard is not very encouraging.

I've heard many complaints about a very short gameplay time, not much variety in enemies and environments etc etc
    That it's not really better overall than the original.

We'll see.

4. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

Curses, mine hasn't even shipped yet!

The first one has an interesting story and that familiar Star Wars charm... and that was about it. I'm hoping the second is much better.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

BTW, is that typo in the thread title intentional? Either way, it's hilarious :lol::techman:

6. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The first game was rather repetitive but I enjoyed the story. I'm currently unemployed, so I probably won't pick this up since I need to be very picky right now until I have a new job. If there's an "Ultimate Sith Edition"-esque release next year, I might pick that up instead.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, I've heard a lot of complaints about the length of the game. I know somebody who bought it yesterday and beat the whole thing in a few hours.

8. Anthony Sabre

Anthony Sabre Commodore Commodore

Mine arrived yesterday but I probably won't get into it until tonight. Not liking what I'm reading about the game play in this thread already. First Medal of Honor turned out to be a disappointment and now this. What's up with the gaming industry these days?

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

To be fair, it's not the entire industry - and the real question you should be asking is: What's up with consumers these days? They actually go out and buy games that have painfully short singleplayer campaigns ;)

10. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I was going to get this, but after hearing about the ridiculous story and short length, I think I am going to rent/wait for a price markdown.

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Been reading reviews and they have not been nice but can't say I am surprised.

12. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

I read and returned the novelization. I was curious to see what would happen, but didn't want to spend any money on it. Based on the story, I'll pass.

When a dead character comes back to life, I want an explanation! It seems to be a growing trend to bring dead characters back without so much as a "WTF mate?" from the rest of the cast. Am I being unreasonable?

13. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmm.. 65% over at metacritic. Think I'll pass this time around...

14. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed the first game quite a bit, but I'm not seeing any favorable reviews about the sequel. I'll still get it, but I'll probably wait until the January sales or something. Got the Killzone 3 beta, Fallout: New Vegas, and CoD: Black Ops to keep me occupied til the end of the year, so I'm in no rush.

15. Xavier_Storma

Xavier_Storma Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's horrible...

I love STAR WARS, as much as I love STAR TREK. I have all possible comics, books... heck I even have a complete Vader costume and I am a registred member of the 501st... and this game is everything that STAR WARS never should have become.

First to the positive aspects:
    - The cinematic sequences: Awesome!!! The animation is perfect. I wonder when Lucas will finally consider to throw a movie at his audience using this technology!
    - Voiceovers: Great, especially Vader sounds really like in the films!
    - Graphics: Superb... A vast improvement over TFU 1

Now to the negatives:
    - This one is short: I played it through in 5 hours!!!!
    - Just four locations (with 3 to 5 levels each)!!!!
    - Moves have been reduced!
    - Kill animations tend to repeat themselves, even with different enemies
    - You don't need to use tactics to lure the enemies into traps. Just use force push and push everything aside...
    - The plot... WARNING SPOILERS:

---------SPOILERS--------

Come on seriously... A bunch of 6 Rebel soldiers captures Vader and takes him prisoner? Oh... come on... is this spaceballs the game or what?

And there is a huge space battle, fought by the Alliance! Yes... one year BEFORE the battle of Yavin! It is much bigger involving fleet to fleet action... Here goes the canon!

-------END OF SPOILERS-------

No replay value... I will sell this one on amazon. What a huge disappointment. Hell, even REPUBLIC HEROES was more fun than this one.

I cannot recommend it. In fact I would urge everyone who considers to get this game, to reconsider!!!

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'm replaying the first game, before getting to the sequel.

The biggest complaint I have heard about TFU2 is that it's short. But so was the first game and I liked it fine. I picked up the TFU2 novel from the library and I'm curious to see how different it is from the game.

17. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The reviews have prevented me from buying this now. I'll probably wait 6 or more months and wait for the price to drop.

Given that we've had the Rebel Alliance be involved in fleet actions prior to the Battle of Yavin since the game X-Wing I don't see how any of that goes against canon.

18. Shakaar

Shakaar Captain Captain

I greatly enjoyed the game. I thought the gameplay and upgrade system was improved from the first game and the graphics were amazing. I was really starting to get interested in the story...and then it just ended. Couldn't believe it. I literally started playing this game at 3pm and finished it by 8pm and that's including stopping for dinner and many deaths/falls. So overall, I'm conflicted. I really liked what was there, but there just wasn't enough of it. Plus, questions that should have been answered will now have to wait until who knows when.

19. Xavier_Storma

Xavier_Storma Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Not THAT big believe me... The battle of Kamino is not as big as the battle of Endor... but well... it comes close!

20. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

The game is short, no doubt about it, you can finish it on normal in one afternoon, graphics wise its looks better then the first game and they have simplified the upgrade system...there are also some great set pieces in the game.....one were you are fighting a monster while falling and again one were your piloting a ship to crash into a base on the planet.

I have inclused spoilers for the costumes and the game ending....do not read if you dont want to know what they are or what happens.

They have also added more costumes(Playing as Guybrush threepwood is a must). LOL

Unfortunately they have removed the whole light and dark aspects from the powers so its just upgrade the usual stuff and that's it, you do get a choice of good or bad ending but that only affect the games cut scene ending..

Is it worth £38 or whatever your paying at launch....No, its simply to short for that, is it a must buy if you can get it on sale...yes definitely.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010