50th Anniversary Trailer Description

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Captain Crow

Captain Crow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Rose could have been just out of shot, separated from him at the time, left in the TARDIS, or on the crapper when the pictures where taken. It's also possible she originally was in some of the pictures but they've been cropped to focus on the Doctor.

2. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or maybe, when someone suggested taking a photo, Rose realised "Hold on, Clive showed me this photo, and I wasn't in it, so I'd better make an excuse to stay out of it."

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  3. Irvy

Irvy Commander Red Shirt

The first time I saw "Rose", I commented that by having the TARDIS dematerialise and immediately return, they had created a little "gap" that could be filled by endless Big Finish audios starring Ecclestone. It makes sense that those solo appearances Clive showed her were from that gap. We just have to wait until he needs the money ;)

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yup, I didn't know about Big Finish yet, at the time, but, I immediately said you could stick any number of years into those couple of seconds (Any time he goes into the TARDIS by himself and dematerializes, there is room for anything to be written in extended Universe)

5. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Every day, I'm tempted to set up a custom word filter in this forum that replaces "Ecclestone" with "Eccleston."

6. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Till who needs the money?

7. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it'll be a good long wait until Eccleston, who takes high-paying roles in major Hollywood claptrap when he needs money, is desperate enough that whatever Big Finish can come up with will be tempting. If you want to hope for Eccleston audios, you'd be better off hoping he gives in to the temptation to expand his Doctor without the production culture and "senior people" he objected to. And, of course, that the BBC decides to license something like that out in the first place.

8. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

What the fuck is the BBC's problem? Seriously, why not release a damn trailer? The UK fans deserve it because they pay for the show. Fans all over the world deserve it because without us there wouldn't BE a damn show.

It's a trailer. It serves to get the fans of your show excited. What is the damn problem with releasing it? I am so sick and tired of this secrecy stuff that surrounds Doctor Who. It makes no sense.

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

While I agree it is pretty damn stupid not to release the trailer, this is not secrecy. Secrecy would be to not even have a trailer or any presence at Comic-Con at all. You know, like JJ Abrams and his Star Trek movies. As it currently stands, we know a lot more about the 50th Anniversary four months in advance than we did about STID in January. Hell, just knowing for a fact that John Hurt is playing a darker incarnation of the Doctor is more than Abrams revealed about Benedict Cumberbatch the entire 16 month period following his casting and the movie's release.

10. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Yeah you're right. But still.....it's senseless not to release the trailer. All people will do is get excited.

Okay, so it was a Comic Con treat? Fine, that means they got to see it before the rest of the world. But exactly how is it a bad thing if the rest of the world gets to see it?

11. The Wormhole

Agreed in full. I'm cool with the trailer being shown at Comic-Con first, but it should definitely be made available online. They accomplish nothing the way they're doing things. Meanwhile a trailer online will set the internet on fire. Which will help build hype.

12. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Moffat is such a huge fan of the American fan base over the UK I'm not surprised by this.

In season nine he'll probably try and move production to the US...

13. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

That last part is bollocks. BBC One will start trailing the anniversary special soon because it'll be a big ratings hit, and to not do a trailer would be suicide.

14. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I expect we'll get one in the next week or so.

15. The Wormhole

Yeah, there will definitely be a trailer at some point. It's perhaps possible the Comic-Con one was just for Comic-Con and will not have a general release, but there will still be a trailer released eventually.

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Sorry if misunderstood

We're not getting the comic con trailer. At All.

17. The Wormhole

That I can see. I don't agree with it and think it's a pretty stupid move on the BBC's part, but I can see it happening.

18. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

ok so its been a few days has there been any word about when the trailer will be made available online?

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

As mentioned before, the comic con trailer will not be made available online. It will remain SDCC exclusive like most of the other film trailers that usually are released at panels.

We will get a trailer. Just not the one shown on the weekend.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yes, as originally stated, it will never be made available on line. It was a Comicon exclusive (IE: A free gift for attending). There will eventually be a trailer, but, not the Comicon one, and no telling when that will be.

Unless of course something changes...:alienblush:

ETA: Damn, Ninja'ed by seconds by Admiral Young, LOL