Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, May 17, 2013.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

It seems like 5 seasons is the breaking point for SyFy. by the time a show gets to 5 Seasons, it's true their set budget should be less, because by the time of reaching 5 Seasons you've likely got most of the sets you need for day to day episodes. However, it's also the point at which the salaries start to become to expensive for ratings a SyFy show gets, so, it probably comes down to a choice between an all new cast (Or at least replacing the most expensive lead(s)) or cutting the cast down to practically nothing

And really, a SciFi or Fantasy show making it to 5 Seasons is pretty much a rarity on US Television anyways. And really not a large percentage of shows in any Genre make it to 5 Seasons

We had the Trek shows (TNG, DS9, VOY), the Posthumus Roddenberry Shows (Andromeda and EFC - Both of which sank rather low in S5 with Budget cutbacks...Andromeda being stuck in one place; EFC cutting the long running cast). The Stargate shows (SG1 and SGA), Babylon 5 and a few other SyFy shows. (Sanctuary, Eureka maybe others?) and I guess you could also include LOST and Fringe. Can't really think of any more off hand

2. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I had a feeling this day was coming up soon. Syfy practically sabotaged the show's ratings when they allowed Season 3 to run into the fall premieres of Ashton Kutcher's debut on Two and a Half Men and Monday Night Football. The ratings took a big drop and never recovered and then Syfy let the show run even deeper into the fall television schedule the next year.

I was hoping they'd at least get a 13-episode final season but it seems they'll be getting what Eureka should have gotten last year.

I'll miss Warehouse 13. It was a ridiculous amount of fun.

3. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Smallville (10 seasons) and Supernatural (9 seasons as of next season) are the US SFF shows that have had the longest runs since Stargate SG-1 ended.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The X-Files ran for 9 seasons.
    I'm sad to hear this news, but the shows had a good run. I wish they could have gotten more than 6 episodes, but at least it's better than nothing and they'll know it's the end so they can be ready to tie things up nicely.

5. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wedding bells for Pete and Myka!:techman:

6. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping for Myka and HG myself. :techman:

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I still want to see Pete's mom and ex-wife in the same ep.

8. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

:bolian:

JANE: You were never good enough for my son!
    AMANDA: I could never understand why he felt the need to drink to excess... until I met you. I would too if you were MY mother!

;)

Six eps are better than none... or one!

I wonder if in the finale TPTB will kill off all our people, destroy the warehouse again and leave us with the image of the Jane & the other Regents buildling Warehouse 14, this time in Siberia or the Amazon.

:vulcan:

9. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

It'll be sad to see the Eurekaverse go. I wish we were getting more than six episodes - but hopefully it will give the writers time to wrap up any major storylines, especially if season four ends with a cliffhanger.

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

All I really want to see is a happy life for Artie. Maybe he can finally get together with Lindsay Wagner and ride happily off into the sunset in his little red car. Or maybe he can become a regent and hand the keys to the Warehouse over to Pete and Myka.

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Yeah, I definitely want to see him together with Lindsay Wagner by the end, but I don't think he'd want to ride off-- he loves the Warehouse and probably wants to die in his familiar chair.

I wonder if we will see that woman from the pharmaceutical company who the Regent was checking out to be a part of the team. She was supposed to bring a fresh perspective on the possibility of using the Warehouse to help mankind. It would be nice to indicate that some progress was being made in that direction.

12. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I'm hoping for the dawn of Warehouse 14 . . ..

13. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

There are really only two reasons not to show Warehouse 14, in my opinion: cost (for the CGI) and the limiting of options for a future spin-off (unless a spin-off went straight to Warehouse 15 or beyond).

I suppose they could just have somebody saying "welcome to Warehouse 14" and cut to black, though.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Personally, I think this is the kind of show where I'd want it to end with the characters still out there doing what they do. I'm not just for the potential followups, but because I just can't really see any of the characters leaving the Warehouse, and I don't want to see any of them die or the Warehouse destroyed. It has least has to have a happy ending, this just isn't the kind of show I could see having a tragic ending, it's too positive for that.

15. RJDiogenes

I agree. It should be left open-ended. I'd be happy to see some major developments, like Artie and Lindsay Wagner together or Claudia officially becoming Mrs-Frederick-In-Training, but otherwise we should leave them knowing that they are still out there, alive and well, doing their jobs.

16. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree with wanting an open-ended ending, with the characters in a happy place doing what they've been doing. It would also allow the possibility of one or two TV movies, if they opted to go that route.

17. RJDiogenes

Yeah, time for a Kickstarter campaign. :rommie:

18. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That is my thought too. The first episode of the season they get the word that the Regents are shutting down WH13, and relocating the Warehouse to another nation (I would place it in Brazil).

Maybe in the Regent's opinion, the political divisiveness in the U.S. makes it too unstable to host the warehouse any longer.

The fun will be in seeing what the change brings to the characters.

19. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

There is an interesting article on the locations of the previous warehouses in the warehouse 13 wiki.

http://warehouse13.wikia.com/wiki/Warehouse

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  20. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I just want a real ending. Too many of the shows I loved ended abruptly and wrong-or had no ending at all.