Christian Bale Loses it on Terminator set

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Master of Tarquin Hill, Feb 2, 2009.

1. NX74205

NX74205 Captain Captain

Where have you heard that, since as far as I know , no one has seen it yet in its entirety and those who have seen some of it have only seen select scenes without all of the F/X in it. To try to extrapolate how good a movie is going to be off of just about 20 mins of random scenes is impossible or difficult at best.

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Your telling me this topic still hasn't died.

3. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Ain't it amazing what resurrecting powers teh Internets haz?

4. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Man, this is all over the mainstream media now.

Must be a slow news week.

5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Commodore Commodore

It just broke in the mainstream press not more than a few days ago. I guess that's "ancient history" for those who are connected 24/7/365 though.

Gatekeeper

6. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

The audio recording is new. The incident itself has been known, and more importantly over and done with, for months.

7. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm boycotting all his films except the good ones.

That may or may not include T4, i'll have to watch it first to decide if I should boycott it.

8. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Had this been Shatner, you'd all be throwing him to the wolves..

Rob

9. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    What would Shatner be doing on a motion picture set?

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Apparently this isn't over yet:

Bale's former assistant will be on Inside Edition today to talk about his former boss. The commercial includes him saying something to the effect of Bale being a "Sad man."

11. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Oh, SNAP! BURN!

:guffaw:

12. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Um. That's what Bale was trying to do...but then the DP kept fucking around...and made the performing a wee bit hard.

And it's not like he did this on the street or on a talk show. He did it on a set, a place of business.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I always knew that John Conner was a whiny bitch. ;)

14. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree. In this case Bale is the boss. If he walks the film is fucked. He knows that so he can pretty much lose his shit if he wants to and get away with it. In a normal situation of work he wouldn't because he wouldn't want to get fired. I'm sure many of us might feel free to do the same if the company we worked for depended on our being there. Without a doubt we all want to just blast someone sometimes, but instead we bite our tongue. Pleanty of us do it here instead.

15. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, puh-leeze. Just because you're the Admin doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to have their own opinion. But the truth is, I really don't give a rat's ass about Christian Bale's character or personality. You got at least one thing right; I had no part in the incident, but that doesn't change my perceptions of him, both as a person and as an actor.

Seriously! It's entirely possible for someone to dislike a person (or frown upon him for what he said/did) and still appreciate his work. It happens all the time in the workplace. Clearly, not everything is black and white.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  16. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I can always tell when someone doesn't really have a point, because they always play the "admin card."

If you read carefully, you'll see where I said you're welcome to your empty gestures. I hope they make you feel good and superior as you type out "OMG :rolleyes: oh, puh-leeze." Very well-reasoned arguments, there ... if you're Hannah Montana.

Enjoy your high horse, not understanding why people might want to take issue with you accusing them of wanting to eat Bale's excrement because they see the situation from a different point of view.

17. Gryffindorian

18. Spaceman Spiff

Now you're not even making sense. I never accused anyone on this board of eating his excrement. Those are your words.

That's not really stopping you from seeing it that way, though.

19. Gryffindorian

Nope, I'm one of the gray ones, actually (or colored, for that matter).

FYI, if you're referring to my post in this thread, then you missed the point I was trying to make. I said there were different "camps" of people, none of whom I made specific. Surely, if you see yourself as being one or the other, then you associate yourself with that.

20. Spaceman Spiff

You're projecting again, which is what you've been doing from the start.

I know you can't be referring to me, because I've yet to really defend his behavior. My entire point has been that it's a non-issue if he and the DP are over it, and the rest of the Internet needs to follow suit. Have a laugh, make remixes and so forth, but save the judgment for shit that concerns you.

I saw your comment that some people are willing to eat his excrement, and since you posted it after your "OMG ... Why do some people think this actor can do no wrong just because 'he is teh Batman'? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:" in here, you're clearly referring to people on this board.

Your ivory tower doesn't glisten so well when you're accusing other people of being willing to eat shit because they see the incident from a different point of view.