The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jul 8, 2008.

?

Grade the movie...

1. Excellent

79.4%
  2. Above Average

13.5%
  3. Average

5.0%
  4. Below Average

0.6%
  5. Poor

1.5%
  1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Schindler's List.

(Of course, that's a matter of opinion...oh well...)

2. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Neither have I.

I will when I get my hands on the complete Metropolis, though. ;)

3. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

To Emh: Ah, but if it were truly perfect then would it really be a matter of opinion? Wouldn't we all be able to recognize its perfection?... Hey, you've got me thinking on this one. A thread topic for General TV & Media? (And I love Schindler's List too.)

4. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Well if you haven't seen Raiders of the Lost Ark, I can't recommend it highly enough! ;)

5. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Has anything been announced about a re-release? We can assume it's coming, but I haven't heard anything yet. I can't wait!

There have also been some rumors of a copy of London After Midnight being found. I sure hope that's true.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Transformers: The Movie. :techman:

::rocks out to "The Touch"::

8. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

I hate that movie. The only cool moment is Optimus smiting all of the Decepticons single-handedly, and even that's nearly ruined by the terrible music playing over it ("The Touch" in fact, I think).

All IMO of course. ;)

9. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

IIRC, the Freidrich Wilhelm Murnau Foundation has stated they will be making a version available to the public.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Heh, I love the movie (mostly for nostalgic reasons), but I was just kidding. :)

11. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

Oh, phew. The love that this movie gets online scares me. :p

12. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I'm WAAAY late to the party because I just finally got around to seeing this Friday night. This thread is way too long to read, so I'll probalby repeat some things that numerous other people have said several times, but here goes anyway.

I ended up voting "Above Average" because there were just a few things that were kind of "off putting" for me. For starters, it was a bit long for my taste. The one chase scene just seemed to go on forever.

Lucisous Fox's reaction to the survellance system kind of bothered me. I felt like he should have had a little more faith in Bruce Wayne to do the right thing.

Finally, I guess its' a byproduct of growing up with the 60's TV show and Saturday cartoons, but I just didn't really like the way they left his status at the end of the movie. I guess I do want to see Batman as the hero and I don't like anything that smacks of him being the villain, even if it is just public perception.

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Robert downey Jr's comments on the Dark Knight

14. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I so hope he was joking.

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got a laugh out of it so I'm assuming it was all in good fun...or maybe he really was so blown away by The Dark Knight that it was beyond his comprehension?

16. Lapis Exilis

Lapis Exilis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aw, come on. It's gotta suck to have the most successful movie of your career, rave reviews, tons of money, a surprising break out hit that everyone's talking about ... until another movie in the same genre flattens your flick both in box office and critical praise like the Tumbler going over a cop car and suddenly everyone's all "Iron who?"

Downey Jr. is not one known for a lot of impulse control so I'm sure the 50th time someone rolled up on him and asked, "So, what's it feel like to have The Dark Knight blot out your early summer triumph?", he got a little bitchy. I would too.

17. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, before the summer officially began all the buzz was about Iron Man with people even speculating that it would be the highest grossing film of the year and outshine The Dark Knight (hey, #2 isn't so bad).

So now that Iron Man came out, experienced its success and fortune, The Dark Knight has com along and basically shattered all expectations. That's not to detract from Iron Man's success, though. I thought it was a great movie, a wonderful way to open the summer and obviously a great success.

The Dark Knight just did a little bit better. ;)

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Just a smidgen :)

Downey holds Iron Man in the highest regard. He even said on the tonight show that he hopes Tropic thunder doesn't destroy all the good will from Iron Man.

and yeah downey was joking. More or less the same article
    http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/ju...-iron-man-2-the-dark-knight-colin-farrell.php

19. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

If it ever comes out that Batman didn't kill those cops, what will happen to Gordon? Will his going along with Batman's story also come out?

Also, what does the public think happened to Harvey Dent since he was found dead with Gordon?

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ It's not been specifically answered in the film or the novel. Gordon could claim ignorance of Batman's story if it came out that Two-Face killed the cops. If I recall correctly though Batman is being blamed for Harvey's death too. Maybe Gordon is using a cover story that he simply got away before Batman could kill him too.