Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw it yesterday. Complete drenn. Her performance is nothing special. the director seems to have told her to act confused and conflicted by the moral situation at hand of supporting the president of the uniited States of America or Superman... Until the Toyman started talking about her boobs.

The art is horrible. It's auctually the comics superman/batman issues 1 though 6. The art is better, just animate it with your imagination.

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Maybe their Clark/Superman somehow erased his memories of Chloe from his mind?

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I actually have the 1 through 6 paperback version.

I'm just excited something I thought looked mildly interesting on the comic section at Walden's books is being made into an animated movie.

4. Guy Gardener

And if they were animating McGinesses'(sp?) artwork I would agree with you totally.

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

In my mind, this has to happen. No, I'm not a big fan of rehashed plot-lines, but it's not exactly as if SV is innocent of this. But they really need to bring in Schneider or O''toole for an episode--obviously with the latter being the easier story wise. (Cuz, like, senators don't LIVE in Washington! :lol: )

But from a parallelism standpoint, it could work thematically. If they are going to have a physical Jor-El on the show, they could basically have him "See" who Clark is and realize that what makes him great is he's not just that he is both his and Lara's son, but also Jon and Martha's. And assuming this is the last season of the show, it would bring it full-circle back to the original premise/theme of the series.

And on that note, I also think they just just pony up the cash for Stamp. I don't know why all the characters on the show have to be "young" other than Dawn Ostroff is an imbecile. If they really wanted to, they could work something out.

Plus [FANBOY] I'd love to see a scene where Terrance-El knocks nuZod on his ass, walks over to him and growls, "KNEEL before Jor-El!" [/FANBOY]

I'm with Guy here. I had a chance to see bits of it yesterday and it's not very good.

That said, I do strongly believe that Ally is going to be a household name in five years. I know we like to think that about a lot of people on genre shows, but she (despite what Othello might think :D ) has that "it" factor.

I also think what's going to help her is she won't be going after roles in goofy, crappy-ass genre films, but will likely get in a would-be Indy film that becomes a surprising success where she gives a knock-out performance.

Obi-Wan Micknobi?

6. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

If dead Jimmy was Henry James Olsen, his kid brother must be James Henry Olsen, and his dad must be a total ass when it comes to naming kids.

(Okay, wikipedia says the real deal is James Bartholomew "Jimmy" Olsen.)

Still his dad is an ass when it comes to naming kids...

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I just hope she doesn't wallow away in Canada and become another alumi of "I saw him/her in 20 shows filmed in Canada!"

Maybe she'll pop up in a Stargate Universe episode ;)

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Chloe's absense from the future records was one of the more intriging notions that came from Legion. At first I thought it was just Geoff acknowledging that Chloe doesn't exist in the comic timeline in a unique funny way but I'm starting to think that there is more to it than that. I don't think Chloe is going to survive beyond the series conclusion whenever that is.

I still like the old fan theory that Jor-El's program has been corrupted by Brainiac...since that isn't the case I wish we would get an explaination for his odd and agressive behavior in the show. This Jor-El seems almost Vulcan in the way he has treated Clark.

9. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would have liked to see her in more movies and TV shows besides Smallville. But the Smallville production schedule probably hasn't made it easy for her to take on a lot of other work.

I think Allison Mack's prospects will be very good when the show ends. Coming from a TV show is no disadvantage. Kristen Bell easily transitioned from Veronica Mars (a show with a smaller audience than Smallville) to a thriving film career.

10. Admiral_Young

I still think that Allison should work with Kristen Bell on an HBO Detective series...for now we can call it The Fictional Untitled Allison Mack/Kristen Bell HBO series.

11. Bad Bishop

I would immediately sign up for HBO if that happens.

12. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I was under the impression that Jor-El wanted Clark to "lead" mankind so Clark can prepare them and lead them against Zod/Braniac, since, somehow, Jor-El knew he was coming.

The difference being that Bell was the lead of a show, where as Mack plays second or third fiddle. You also have to take into account that Bell has a much larger body of work that includes several stops doing Broadway and Off-Broadway shows. Bell had the potential of being much more recognizable than Mack.

Honestly, as much as I may like Allison Mack, unless she grabs something right after Smallville, I don't see her propelling into stardom the way Bell has. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I don't see it happening.

13. Bad Bishop

OK then. Should she start sleeping around with producers and directors? :shifty:

14. Admiral_Young

Actually I like how Allison's career has progressed so far. We haven't seen her do any thing big yet but she has done some voice acting..for some reason I see her branching out as a director more than anything else. Not because I don't think she can't be a big star, just because I think her interest is leaning towards it. I believe she is directing another episode this season.

Brocoli interesting take on the Clark leading mankind for a battle against Zod. Wouldn't this take though indicate that Zod was aware of Earth somehow before his incareration in the Phantom Zone? The message that we read seemed to me to be incomplete somehow. I think this is why some fans thought (including me) it had been corrupted somehow by Zod or Brainiac. We'll have to see what this Zod knows.

15. Guy Gardener

This is a young Zod I have gathered from the "K"ryptic allusions from the new producers. Imagine his memories were recorded at some point years before his treason and death, and that is the personality which is being tapped for these stories.

Years ago iron man went insane and began working for the bad guys, actually it just became suddenly obvious that he had been working for evil all the time, but quietlike, so the rest of the Avengers went back in time and got a kid version of Tony Stark from before everything went wrong and they killed iron man together accidentally on purpose.

Jesus had similar issues I understand once he realized what was going to happen to him.

Hey? That's almost like what's been happening to Hiro on Heroes for the last year or so?

Over the last few months I've managed to watch 6 seaons of One tree Hill and i can't help but note that if Basket ball was super heroing that one tree Hill is a far superior Smallville than Smallville if it is a story about a young man rising to achieve his destiny despite continuing obstacles and daddy issues. Of course that being said, I'm not completely sure which of the many sharing semi headliners in One Tree hill is Clark the most?

16. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I too, am interested to see where her career will go from here after Smallville. I honestly think she's talented enough to take on almost any acting role, but I'm sure a lot will depend on the offers she gets. I'd certainly like to see her in a theatrical film, but her enjoyment of creativity may keep her doing indie stuff for a while.

17. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Well I'm looking forward to Friday night and poll question as well as watching, recording "savior" until then good night folks.

Signed

Buck Rogers

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

You mean like as sisters?

I fucking love this idea!

19. Guy Gardener

Or a married couple? "Well obviously we both used to dry hump the mirror, but finding someone who could be mistaken for our twin to make love to just seemed more healthy. Well, not healthy, but healthier."

Or how about in the future a little where ageing is taken care of quite well and then play mother and daughter? Just on the cusp of the creation of such things where the daughter has to cope with her mother suddenly being as hot and vital as she is? No more cougars? How sad.

Or the victims of polygamy? "It's obvious that your husband had a "type" of woman that he was interested in." And every week they travel America asking petite hot blondes if they married their husband too because they medically need to kick his ass.

;)

20. Guy Gardener

CALLED IT!!!