The Revolution pilot is online now...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a new live LZ album and DVD thing out so they sent out word that they'd give tv shows rights to use a few LZ songs. Without that they'd probably wouldn't have been able to use it. Kripke's been trying for years to use LZ songs on Supernatural and so far he's been out of luck .

2. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

All will be revealed..ya right

3. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think NBC is just recycling preview/commerical tag lines from Heroes or the Event...Or Surface...well you get the idea.

4. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Aw come on! The pendant is magic, it just makes things work. Even after 15 years of just sitting there, the power just turns machines and iPods on.
    What's the matter with you all? Don't you believe in magic? :rolleyes:

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

This series would have rocked if they had just gone full on and claimed it was magic.

Anybody here read Ariel and Elegy Beach by Steven R. Boyett? Those books would have worked great for the basis of this.

6. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Pfft? It's not magic. They claimed that they have real world ''scientists'' who say that it's all 100% plausible and that we're all just stupid hicks to question their mighty ''scientist'' brains.

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm starting to lose interest in this show because it feels like everything is happening so slowly. It seems like this is just like any other arc show these days, don't show much during the episode, but when you only have 3 minutes left, then show the interesting parts. Are we going to see Grace or Randell again before March? Are they ever going to actually reveal something major before March? I think this upcoming episode is the make or break for me, because of the long hiatus. It will probably end on a cliffhanger, but they really need to wrap up this Danny storyline and move the series into another direction, kind of addressing that bigger picture.

With all that being said, this last week's episode might have been the best episode so far, mainly because it was all character, finally. We finally got to see a saner Monroe, someone I would love to see again because I don't like this one dimensionality of him, and it seemed like this was a show that returned to learning more about the characters rather that moving along the plot.

Hopefully next week is a real big fall finale, but I'm leaning towards not coming back in March, considering by then I will have forgotten everything that's happened so far.

8. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

My sentiments as well. I'm actually surprised at myself for sticking with the show this far, but the eye-rolling moments have gotten a bit more frequent of late, hitting a peak in this installment.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They've already said the current story line ends at episode 10, so all of the stuff with them rescuing Danny should be over by the end of the next episode.

10. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Wow! Things actually happened in last night's episode!

11. Bob Morton

Bob Morton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It was a reasonable enough episode last night. I really liked the flashback with the two M's laughing about becoming pirates. Also the mention of impending conflict with another state milita was interesting and may form part of the arc for the 2nd half of the season.

I did find some of the scenes really padded out though, as if they first scripted it out to 38 minutes or so and had to extend some scenes. The reunion of the two M's was really obvious, so much mean staring, as was when the escapees stood and stared at the chopper for a full minute before it's main gun began to spin up.

I'll be back in March if they remind me with a promo or two.

12. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

March????
    That's a long ass hiatus!

13. sojourner

So, blonde chick kills psycho guy guarding her, Miles comes in, they exchange pleasantries and she runs out without grabbing the super important pendant or taking a hammer to the amplifier??? WTF?

These idiots have no one to blame but themselves for facing helicopter gunship death.

14. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's because guards came in shooting guns by the time she saw Miles & realized who he was. I think they only had a sword between them, so they couldn't stay and fight and get the pendant.

(it was stuck in the machine..there's no way to get it OUT of the machine without both of them dying in the process).

And secret lab that's cauing the blackout knows this is happening..right? So maybe soething will happen next season.

Honestly, I was hoping for Monroe to die -- he's just not that charismatic to be the lead villain. I wa shoping that Neville would find Monroe dead (or kill him himself), and then take over the Republic (which apparently has no Senate to justfy the Republic name). Neville and his wife would make a VERY interesting villain...(unless he goes over to the "good" side)

15. sojourner

The machine was visible about 10 feet behind them. If she had had even a modicum of thought she could have grabbed it in the time it took her to sit on the body and then stare at Miles before the guards came. She's an idiot.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/27/revolution-finale-interview/ (beware: the article also has spoilers for the second half of the season)

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed this episode.

18. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last week I said that Revolution needed a big episode for me to continue watching next March, and I think it succeeded. For one, the stuff between Miles and Monroe was excellent, some of the best acting of the season, and we got a whole chunk load of backstory between the two of them. It's also great we got this backstory because now it makes the fight between them all the more meaningful. That entire scene, from the staredown to the sword fight might have been the best scene of the show thus far.

Really wish the show was coming back earlier than March, but I think I will be back. Yeah they ended it on a bit of a cliffhanger, but I saw it more of wrapping up one story and moving on to the next chapter. That's really what I wish more arc shows would do. Either have great character work, or don't drag things out for such a long time where the show is cancelled before the mystery is solved, a la, Alcatraz last year.

19. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

OMG!! HELICOPTERS??!!

Pass.

20. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Helicopters with Gatling guns...