Yesterday's Enterprise missing man

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by RĂ¿cher, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dayton3

Dayton3 Admiral

The early draft was "Riker's throat cut, Data electrocuted, Wesley Crusher decapitated".

I doubt Wesley's decapitation would ever had made it into the finished product.

Personally, I think that we are only around 10 to 15 years from being able to actually replace live actors in scenes with the likenesses of other actors.

And they do have the image of the actor that played Jack Crusher and a fairly long monologue of his voice from the episode "Family".

2. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Oh...what could've been.

Oh...what could've been!!!

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Maybe not even that long. In Terminator 4 they are going to digitally impose Arnold circa 1984 over the face of the new T-800. I'd say with that ability now here in about three years we'll be replacing actual actors completely.

4. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

^I agree. There's a tv advert in the UK at the moment, "featuring" Bob Monkhouse, a comedian who has been dead some years. He's up, walking and talking dialogue he's probably never spoken in his lifetime. I think they could do it now.

5. Dayton3

Dayton3 Admiral

So if they were redoing "Yesterdays Enterprise" would everyone like to see bigger badder Klingon ships (a Neg'Var with two Vorchas) battling an upgunned Enterprise (All Good Things similiarity) with Doug Wert as Commander Jack Crusher replacing Riker?

If they were going to do all that, then why not made some changes to the Ambassador class U.S.S. Enterprise as the model in the finished episode doesn't look that great or detailed?

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I don't think that they should upgrade the Klingon's to Negh'Var's, but maybe a redesigned Bird of Prey or something to represent that K'Vort Class would be a good idea.

7. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

I'm sure the TNG model shots will be replaced with CGI for any "remastering".

8. Renvar

Renvar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

How long was the Galaxy class in the drawing board phase, 20-30 years? Maybe when war broke out they already had the plans too far along to remake the class, so they just went ahead and made it but with more facilities for military pursuits, such as the absence of science labs and recreational facilities. I'd wager the inside of the ship was really what changed in the alternate Enterprise.

EDIT: Oops I forgot we were talking about Worf. Continuity-wise, I agree that Worf being the Klingon commander attacking the D would have been a long-shot at best. That being said, it would've been awesome. Kinda like how Worf was in the mirror universe. :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  9. Kei Fox

Kei Fox Ensign Red Shirt

If anything, just for fun, someone could get Michael Dorn to say "Federation ship Enterprise, surrender and prepare to be boarded", and then dub that into the episode, or at least the segment where the unidentified Klingon captain's voice is heard in "Yesterday's Enterprise." Or splice together the words, assuming Worf spoke all of them in the series. Kinda corny, like the hilarious Christmas "Let It Snow"/"Make It So" spoof we've seen online, but still an amusing thought.

10. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sometimes, I think TNG had an aversion to coming off too much like TOS, maybe because they were the 1st spin-off, & had to do more work to appear to stand alone, than the other series did, who seemed a little more liberal about it..

So imho, having Worf surface in the episode like that, while kind of nifty, is a bit too convenient, & frankly might've played more like the campier style of a mirror universe episode, which TNG never opted to do. That's the kind of old TOS stuff they seemed to intentionally distance themselves from, to my way of thinking. I think they deliberately wanted this episode to not be confused in any way with a mirror universe one.

11. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Mr. Fox, this board frowns on opening up really old threads like this TWELVE year old masterpiece. Please review the board rules (link at the top of this forum).

Thanks.

Clang!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.