Speculations on Star Trek 3?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by starsuperion, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Shat Happens

Shat Happens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, I almost didn't see ST:ID in the theater because I despised ST2009(I was eventually dragged into it by friends), and I don't intend to see JJ3.

Because ST2009 sucked and ST:ID sucked more so it's safe to bet JJ3 will suck even more.

I also believe JJ will fuckup Star Wars too.

Now, TMP is a classic. If Decker was in command the Enterprise would be conducting warp simulations to this day and VGer would have had its way with Earth.

Come to think of it, who requested/assigned Ilia to NCC 1701? Decker? Decker didn't appear to be "over" her at all. Not professional.

Fuck Decker. We are better with him in the other dimension.

2. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

At least you're honest babe.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm gonna make two bold predictions for Star Trek 3.

There will be...

1. Running.

2. Explosions.

4. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I'll make some even bolder ones:

1. It will make a lot of money.

2. A small, vocal minority will be vociferous in their hatred/dislike of it.

3. No matter how much money it makes, someone will try to come up with a way to call it an unqualified "failure".

4. People will continue to argue past each other as to whether "success" = "quality".

5. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I want the explosions themselves running, AND MOAR LENSFLARE!

6. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

JJ's doing Star Wars, you should probably call it BO1 or something.

7. ElimGarak.93-99

ElimGarak.93-99 Captain Captain

Who knows maybe your dream will come true. ;)

8. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

I will make a prediction about the very last scene:

(Black screen)

...sound of sheets rustling...muted snore-coughs...mews of sleepwhimpers...

Sound of a man's grunt, then we see a small light illuminated...he turned it on

Woman's voice, somehow familiar... "...trouble sleeping, honey?..."
    Man's voice, even more familiar... "Yeah..."

Lights fully illuminated...TOS Kirk's quarters...two forms come out from under the covers...

Kirk (Shatner) says to Rand... "...I had the most amazing dream.."

9. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

:lol::lol::lol:

But no.

10. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Is it wrong that I imagined this as a serious scene by Kirk Prime and felt overwhelmed by the sensation he must have felt? I hope he remembers it when he reaches the bridge. We wouldn't want the universe to fall through the cracks.

By the way, it would also work if it is Kirk (Pine) and Spock (Quinto) in bed at the end of The Final Frontier. I haven't seen TFF yet, which makes it a perfect substitute for ST3. :techman:

(ETA: Much creepier if Spock answers "Tell me about it...")

11. johnjm22

johnjm22 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think the problems with ST09 and STID have more to do with the scripts than the directing. Orci is terrible.

JJ is a technically skilled director. With Star Wars, he doesn't get to pick the writing team, so it may turn out to be a decent flick after all.

Now that Orci is in full control of ST3, both writing and directing, I can't imagine anything but a disaster.

12. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I do not see any reason for Carol Marcus to be in the next TREK, unless it is to go back in time and restore the Romulan star system with some quasi-GENESIS Torpedo. Thus restoring Vulcan, Spock's ego and standing within the Romulan empire. Now, whether or not Kirk gets Carol pregnant remains to be seen. Personally, I do not see that element being introduced, in "this" universe. However, as far as an actual "bad guy" would go ... I wouldn't hazard a guess.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[​IMG]

14. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

There's no reason to assume Chekov didn't know. When Kirk ordered the phasers, Decker immediately countermanded. Chekov simply did what he was supposed to do, without giving anybody any lip. I imagine that if Decker hadn't been present, the scene would have played out something like this:
    KIRK: Mister Chekov, stand by on phasers.
    CHEKOV: Phasers inoperative, arming photon torpedoes.
    KIRK: Mister Chekov, fire torpedoes.​
    Decker acted properly, of course. Under the circumstances, he couldn't simply assume that Chekov would catch Kirk's mistake. But he probably would have.

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

One thing we know for sure, Alice Eve won't be seen in her underwear again :(

16. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a good thing. If it doesn't serve the plot, it doesn't belong - and it definitely didn't serve the plot.

17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I was watching a behind-the-scenes documentary on Ferris Bueller's Day Off on Biography Channel the other day and there was something they said that really stuck with me: whenever a movie is made, there are three movies actually there (or something to that effect, I don't remember the actual wording).

Hughes wrote the movie. There was a lot of stuff they filmed that wasn't in the script. When they got to the editing room, what had been filmed was darker and it was much more a comedy-drama that came in at two hours and forty-five minutes. They turned it into a straight comedy in the editing room.

I won't judge Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof on what actually made it into the final cut of the film, even though I enjoyed both of them. It would be interesting to see the early screenplay drafts of both films.

So I'll give Orci the opportunity to bring more of his vision to the big screen. I'll be there opening night.

18. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If the Carol Marcus character wants to flaunt Alice Eve's wares to further entice and ensnare James T. Kirk, then that option should be on the table. They could well visit some beach somewhere, and there's Carol wearing a napkin around her hips - that should be ample justification for showing us more of Ms. Eve.

And Kirk and Carol could make out amongst the waves crashing on the rocks and those little burrowing worms in the wet sand and the bottle caps and odd bits of trash buried and strewn all over the beach. And as the music swells, David is conceived and all tradition and propriety is satisfied.

19. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Leaving her on the Enterprise at the end of STID certainly created the option of having her figure in the next movie (pun intended). After all, she's part of the five-year mission, now. Given she was prominent in STID and welcomed into the "family" by Kirk at the end, if she's not in the next story, I'd think her absence would at least have to be explained.

I have to admit, though, that if she's in it, I hope they don't spend a lot of time on her and Kirk building a relationship. They already have the Spock and Uhura relationship to work on, and that's fine on its own. The Enterprise is not the Love Boat, after all.

If she's in it, watch Alice Eve not be available, and they have to recast the part -- . It'll be Saavik all over again! :devil:

20. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral