World Of Warcraft?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jetfire, Mar 31, 2011.

1. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

I have no idea, have never heard that (and I stay on top of all WoW news every day), and an online search returns nothing. The only "nerfs" to rep since 4.0 is the guild talent Mr. Popularity, which gives a 5/10% increase to rep gains at levels 3 and 11. There are the dungeon rep tabards, but those are only available for the major home city factions, along with those found in Wrath and BC.

Just hit 50 exalted two days ago, in fact, the tipper was my own guild faction.

2. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Here's some funny quests.

Welcome to the Machine
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvF1o1ObPr0[/yt]

The Day Deathwing came
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeaDbJB_6Mk[/yt]

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just happened upon "the Day Deathwing Came" while herbing and died laughing when I did it. I suggest you don't watch the video but just trot off to the Badlands and do it. That's what I'm going to do with the one above it which I've not done.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am so behind with this game...I got BC and I am up for another 10 day trial of WoTLK...I need that and Cat. :lol:

5. teacake

Never mind..it's not a race. BC was my favorite. Just enjoy what ya got.

6. paudemge

paudemge Captain Captain

Does anyone know the subscription numbers for Rift? Or actually for all mmorpg's?
    I think WOW probably has more than all other pay to play combined.

7. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

So with the final patch nearly upon us I can say that I never really got into this latest X-pac. I have two level 85s but spend most of my time online playing low level alts. The new low level zones are my most favorite thing in this x-pac but even they are flawed- the leveling pace is too fast, and the challenge has been nerfed too much. It's nearly impossible to die now pre- level 60. I like a lot of the changes they are bringing in 4.3 but what I really want is to see what the next X-pac will be like. Hopefully the next expansion will be more innovative. I feel like the gear grind now is exactly the same as it was in WotLK except that in WotLK the instances were better.

8. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Too small; DR

Yeah, the Cata expansion ruined the old zones in one detail: Too linear. They are basically now one long quest chain. If you want to enter a zone just to pick up that single quest line with the nice gear reward your SOL.

To answer the previous question. At it's height, WOW had over 12million players. 10 TIMES more than most other MMO's combined. I think WOW is now sitting at around 10 million players.

10. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Click it, it's a thumbnail...
    Oh wait, imageshack resized it...

11. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I miss epic zones like Storm Peaks and Icecrown.

You know I used to think the people pining for BC were crazy back during WotLK but now I sound exactly like them except I'm pining for Wrath. :lol:

12. sojourner

I think Vaj'Shir/Vash'Jir, how ever the hell you spell it, is quickly becoming the most avoided zone in the game.

13. teacake

I know I've never gone back.

I'm never going back to Molton Front either. My alts will just wait for the next expansion to gear grind. That was so incredibly boring..

In other news, finally finished the Insane title which I started when you still needed Shen'dralar (which I got), lol. Now I'm really at a loss. Been messing around on RP servers which is fun. Still in shock at how quick it is to lvl an alt and as someone said never die.

14. sojourner

Playing the Star Wars beta weekend right now and wishing it was December 20th already.

15. teacake

Ooooooooo report please.

16. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

I'm giving WoW a break until Blizzard implements cross realm heirloom items.

17. sojourner

What's WoW? I can't recall.

18. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

New expansion: Mists of Pandaria
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyeZ8khSEC0[/yt]
    New race : Pandaren
    New class : Monk

19. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

Their answer to The Old Republic... is to turn WoW into World of Kung-fu Pandacraft?

So much for WoW. Until this point, I've been okay with Blizzard's family friendliness, but that's going too far. On the plus side, Heart of the Swarm looks fantastic.

20. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

What is up with people using Kung Fu Panda as a putdown for MOP? IMO, it's one of the best family movies in the past half-decade (discounting Pixar, obviously), so that's a strong compliment!