The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I like to compare the Governor here blaming Merle to the Joker in Batman 89. When the Joker shoots Bob after Batman takes his balloons. It's always the trusted helps fault when something goes wrong.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Loved the episode.
    I think at this point Andrea is beyond redemption. If she's going to keep seeing all of the craziness going on at Woodbury and not leave, then she's probably never going to leave or turn her back on the Governor.
    I'm wondering if the loss of his daughter will make the Governor even more crazy and evil.
    I'm thinking the whole Merle/Daryl fight is simply a set up so Merle can be the Gov.'s double agent.
    I'm disappointed to see Oscar die so soon, I was hoping we'd get more stuff with him before he died.
    Tyreese didn't do anything to impressive yet, but I am very curious to see more of him and his group.

3. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm afraid you're right.

I was undecided if we'd see this, or if he'd just turn into a raving maniac. Since he hasn't shown any signs of going berserk yet, I think crazy/evil is definitely what we'll see.

I disagree for reasons posted above. Merle has screwed up way too many times for the Governor to trust him with that. Maybe if Merle hadn't lied to him about Michonne before she showed up and stabbed his daughter. But after that....

He's done a couple of impressive things so far, the biggest one being the respect he showed to Carl. It wasn't the kind of respect you give when you're on the wrong end of a gun, either -- it was real respect. Tyreese appears to be a civilized guy.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good one. That was a pretty great moment when Tyreese pulled Shovel Lady away from the door. I'm very curious to see what Rick's reaction will be when he sees them.

5. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They managed to make Andrea more of a fool and more hated by fans than Lori!

Wow!

Remember when fans didn't like Carl? What I like is that, not only have they changed his character, it is in a well-written, in-universe gradual way, instead of some cheap he's suddenly traumatized despite having been living through it all this time. Much appreciation for the writing, acting, and directing!!

6. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really good episode and sets up the rest of season 3 perfectly, I predict the Governor will lose all sense of reality now with the death of his zombie daughter and go completely of the rails.
    The episode gets minus points however due to the predictable death of Oscar:rolleyes:

7. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Am I the only one seeing the potential for a Geek Gladiator circle showdown for Merle & Daryl. The crowd is calling for their deaths

The Governor is done with Merle kids. Did you not see the look in the one good eye he had left, when he told him he was attacked? He lost an eye. He lost his daughter. He lost the prisoners, & he looked weak in front of the community. Merle is screwed, & probably Daryl would be too, except some people might come back to help

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'm disappointed in Andrea because Dale would be disappointed in Andrea. At the end of last season, it looked like they were setting her up to be the new moral voice of the group once Dale was gone, but now she's just a kool-aid drinker.

9. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

there is no way merle and daryl are going to kill each other this fast. Way too much opportunity for drama there.

My guess is that the teaser for the next half of the season when Glen tells Maggie "we can stop this right now" they are talking about merle being in the prison with them.

10. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Kirkman mentioned on Talking Dead that Bernthal contractually couldn't shave due to his role in Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street.

Edited to add: Didn't see this mentioned yet, and apologies if it is a repeat... 15.2 million people watched the midseason finale last night - "beating all broadcast and cable entertainment series including The Voice, Modern Family, X Factor, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory and Grey's Anatomy."

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

OMG, 15.2 Million for a Cable Series? That's Network Cadillac Series Numbers :bolian::bolian::bolian: (The show would be able to trundle on for years happily as a sure renewal with only 5 Million)

I'm confused? I thought the Governor had already sent his team to take the Prison. Didn't seem like Tyrese's group was them, but, everyone you normally see with the Governor on raids was in Woodbury, so, the Raiding Party would be folks we don't recognize, so could be Tyrese's group. However, no one has mentioned this yet? Where did I go wrong believing the Governor already sent a Raiding party to the Prison last week?

Andrea really disappointed me early on until she got trained up by Shane, and then she became very cool (Other than the Shane Koolaid she was drinking) and now she's just walking around with blinders on with the Governor. Surely this episode has got to show her she missed some warning signs with him, if not, I agree she's becoming too stupid to live.

Karl, yea, the kid has done a great acting job this season (And end of last season) and the writing has matured him at a smooth believable rate. A++++++ all the way around with Karl's character development

Oscar - yea, T-Dogg replaced by Oscar, Replaced by Tyrese could've been handled way better (Michonne...if they bring in another sistuh, you be sure to stick her before she has a chance to get you killed by way of too many black girls in the cast)

12. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

SHANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think Merle will return to the main group.

Daryl will vouch for him and convince rick/new leader that he will keep Merle under control.

I could easily see Darryl and Merle escaping woodbury and after a long and ardous journey, returning back to the main group, with daryl saying something like "if you kill merle you'll have to kill me"... and merle is given another chance due to how much pull darryl has.

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Wow, that was quite a showdown between Micchone and the Governor. :eek:

I guess from Andrea's point of view, the Governor is somebody she's come to like and trust and she's having a hard time digesting what she's seeing. The guy was beaten and wounded and having a complete breakdown; he had an answer for her about the heads, weird as it was, and the thing with Penny would be no different than Herschel and his wife as far as she could see at that point. She will no doubt come around in the next episode, but she really is a sucker. I wouldn't miss her if she's killed.

15. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another great episode, waiting till Feb. 10th is going to suck.

You know I see so many people down on Andrea but IMO she wants so badly to live in that utopian village that she has blinders on, she wants so badly to date what she thinks is Mr. right she doesn’t see his little faults, come on folks, we’ve all done it or know someone that has, She is tired of running, she is tired of starving, she is tired of seeing so much death all around her.

Have you ever wanted to date someone so badly or lived in a house or own a car that you look by their/it’s faults because in your mind they/it was perfect?
    That guy/girl is so damn good looking you want to be with them even though your friends tell you he/she is a dog and will run around on you.
    That person has told you they aren’t like that anymore so you believe them.

Have you ever wanted a house so badly because it was the perfect size, the perfect color and way cheaper than you thought it would be?
    Your friends tell you, “ya know there is a reason 5 different people have live her in the past 5 years, ya see those train tracks running through the back yard?”
    In your mind you justify it, you say “well I’ve been here 5 or 6 times to look at this place and I’ve never seen a train run though here, look at that tall grass around the tracks, I’ll bet that train doesn’t come through here any longer.
    A few weeks after living there you find out the train runs only a few times a month but 5 times a day.

At the end of the episode we saw Andrea, struggling to get free from the Governor’s men yelling “those are my friends!”.
    Give her a break, she is waking up from her utopian dream, she’ll do the right thing.

16. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

This episode confused me at first. In the last episode, it ended at night. Then the new episode began began at day, with Tyreese and his gang outside the prisoner. Then, it shifted back to the night.

So, my question is this, is this what happened -
    a.) The attack on Woodbury at night
    b.) Tyreese's gang finding shelter in the prison the next day

As for the recon party, I think the attack upon Woodbury occurred before a party could be sent. The Governor was discussing strategy with Merle and others, and laying out his plan.

I think Penny's behavior proved, for ma at least, that the zombies are operating at the basest level of intelligence. They have become animals. Animals are single-minded creatures. She had been starved by her father, and, when she saw or smelt the raw meat, her attention became riveted upon the food. I disagree with Michionne - zombies do have a need, and that need is to eat raw meat.

I sense a change in this character's behavior after the fight with the Governor. I think she is beginning to realize that she is alone in this world. I believe that I saw vulnerability in her when Rick confronted her.

17. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you watch the teaser again you see Glenn with Michonne and they are both not happy to see someone and Rick stops them from killing that person, obviously its Merle.

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

He approved the raiding party, but they were planning to leave in the morning. Rick and company arrived first.

I think Tyreese's group found shelter while Rick and company were en route to Woodbury.

19. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep! Carl really annoyed me last season but this season he's been brilliant.

That was such a good episode - I was literally on the edge of my seat.

I liked the new group, I've seen Tyrese's name mentioned before so I'm expecting him to be a good addition to the show. I liked his line "We take care of our own," is it just me or is that an echo of something Rick has said at some point?

I'm annoyed that Michionne doesn't give more information, but it seems like that's just her character so it's not as obvious as sometimes it was in Lost. That confrontation with the Governor was awesome.

I laughed at Axel talking with Carol :lol:

The only complaint really is that the preview kinda gave a bit too much away. It's going to be a long wait.

20. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And yet practically PG-rated compared to what she does to him in the comics. The Governor got off lucky here. :lol: