AMT Bird of Prey

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by NCC-1701-B, Nov 17, 2011.

1. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is my first model kit in a long while, but now being at uni I've got a little money to spend here and there, so I thought what better way to spend it than to buy something I've wanted for a long while! (and all 7 seasons of TNG)

I've never actually built an alien ship before, I always wanted the enterprise or voyager, of which I have quite a few built and unbuilt ones back home.

It's not quite finished yet, still needs weathering to match the rest of the ship with the bridge area, and a few parts still need attaching.

[​IMG]

Comments and ideas are welcome!

2. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Looks great so far! Let's see some other angles.

3. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Awesome.

I gotta say, that pink cord you're using to keep her together in this pic is a bit distracting, but from what I can make out, the bridge weathering is quite well done.

I, too, have one of these in my "build closet." I often work on a kit for a while, box it up and put it back in the closet only to brought back out months (sometimes years) later to work on some more. I love to see someone bring something like this to a finish!

Can't want to see it finished!

--Alex

4. NCC-1701-B

here are a few more angles,engine isn't finished, was just testing to see how it looked. I used a silver paint on the inside of the plastic and clear red on the outside. I think It looks quite nice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Max Nex

Max Nex Ensign Red Shirt

it looks good
    keep up the good work

6. NCC-1701-B

[​IMG]

Update! Pretty happy with this one, I reckon my best kit so far. If only other alien ships were so interesting to be worth buying :P

Edit:
    New angles
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  7. Albertese

That's looking really nice. What weathering technique are you using?

--Alex

8. NCC-1701-B

Just washes of humbrol enamel paints thinned with white spirit, and for the black dirt just a tiny bit of black paint on a big brush and just basically roughly brushed over. It doesn't do much good for the brush but I think it's worth it :P

9. Albertese

Well, it's turning out beautifully.

--Alex