Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

you keep it.

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

You keep the ship, but keep in mind, that you lose it if you ever dismiss it unlike a C-Store purchase, where you can reclaim it as often as you like on as many same faction characters as you like.

3. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Whatever ship you buy for your character is his/hers to keep permanently. Even if you leave the fleet, the ship is still yours.

Fleet gear, especially those of the final fleet tier, is just a handy way for Cryptic to sell players their 'best of the best' gear as it is really expensive to upgrade a fleet holdings. (PS: not all fleet gear are the best, some are actually quite useless. So it may be wise to ask around before you purchase something)

4. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Your ship's interior is a completely separate map. It's the same as beaming to any other ground map, meaning you and your ship disappear from whatever zone you were in, including zone chat.

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Glad to hear that they fixed that. Thanks.

6. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Anyone know what date the Winter Wonderland will be gone? Just curious how much time I have left to collect everything.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Thursday morning, 10am Eastern. Or essentially whenever you notice the weekly Thursday patch. That's their default time for any updates/maintanence, etc.

8. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Is there any way to interact with your non-combat pet? I got a raptor...it would be fun to pet it or praise it or something...they should add that as a mini game. if you get your pet to like you enough it gives you bonuses or surprises. (not poop.) lol.

9. intrinsical

So current executive producer Dan Stahl has moved on to another secret Cryptic project and the Emergency Executive Producer Hologram is taking his place. I call Stephen D'Angelo the EEPH because he's the person who took over as executive producer for 6 months while it was converted over to the free-to-play model.

I wonder what he will do to STO? More stories? More action?

10. Rocketeer

Okay, so I'm a little behind, but I finally made an Embassy visit. Oh my, there are nice things to be acquired there. Picked up a Science console for my Assault build - Emitter Array Mk XII [+Th] [Pla].

11. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Honestly? This is only an opinion, but D'Angelo didn't strike me as a visionary. More like a strawman producer who got to do all the nasty F2p transition no one wanted back in the day and the introduction of Dilithium.
    That's his legacy so far.

If we can expect more of this, it will do nothing to get me back in the game now that my interest is at an all time low anyway.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

If his previous legacy was the F2P conversion, we can expect NOTHING. That's what big, revolutionary things came out in the entire year previous to F2P.

Game was neglected almost to the point of death, and that was after they had really started to build excitement with the 3rd or 4th successful FE...

13. intrinsical

Well the new EP has just announced some of the upcoming changes to the game. I must say most of the changes make it sound like Cryptic is placing STO in maintenance mode. At least for the short term, nothing is being done to draw in new players.

14. Rocketeer

That's what I've been waiting for! Do you know what a pain it is to currently switch between ships.

15. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Too much work to conveniently switch ships when needed.

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

even when changing ships is easy, it's the BOFF configuration, and gear loadout that makes it harder. Nice if they can save some of it, but gear is going to be harder to do like that. And I don't carry most of it, it stays parked on other ships, so can only get to it when you get the ship selector options from a base or whatever...

17. Rocketeer

I was assuming that BOFF layout and gear would be included or did I misinterpret what this means:

"multiple pre-made build-outs saved"

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

BOFF layout yes, gear could be a tougher one to save correctly. Maybe I'll be surprised, but just seems like an easy one to screw up, as I swap my high end gear to whatever ship i'm flying, so things need to be more fluid...

19. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I definitely got the sense that they're making gear loadouts savable as well. Which is cool, because I generally don't change my ship gear to suit the enemy I'm flying against, because I don't think too much about the fact that some of the stuff I have works better against some enemies than against others.

I seem to remember another comment suggesting it wouldn't matter if the gear was in your bank or inventory, either.

20. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Curious...Received email about expired exchange sale, but item in question was not returned to my inventory, character bank, or account bank. I haven't messed with the exchange very much...what little I have put up always sold. I received email on the 16th. but didn't open until today (20th). was there a window I missed? it was a rare item so I'd like it back if it didn't sell. should I file a ticket?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.