The Revolution pilot is online now...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Sep 4, 2012.

1. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interestingly enough the HS channel show life after people addresses the life of the dam and it wouldn't last as long as you might think.

If the dam isn't producing electricity it's designed to pass water through side spill ways. Eventually those spill ways in less than 100 years would get clogged up with mussels that reside in Lake Meade behind the dam. After 10,000 years of water going through the spillways, the dam's concrete structure would collapse.

2. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Wouldn't the water just spill over the dam?

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I think it has overflow spillways.

4. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is way off track but if you look at the intake towers the will eventually become clogged with mussels that reside in lake Meade and eventually the water would spill over the dam apparently and erode the concrete structure.

[​IMG]

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this was great episode. I have to admit, I didn't expect Aaron's backstory to be so tragic. I loved the scene when he shot the bad guy, I actually wasn't expecting that. I wonder if they'll ever run into his wife.
    I'm very curious to see where they are going with Danny now that he's with his mom.
    Oh, and fans of the show might be interested in this interview on Blastr. I wonder where they're going to go after the "Save Danny" arc is done.

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Aaron's wife will definitely show up again. Kripke loves his angst so he won't miss a chance to milk this for some angst.

7. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. I'm pretty sure she'll show up again with a how many years since the black-out is it, 15? So I guess a 14 year old kid as it turns out she was pregnant when he left.

8. sojourner

^She was? I missed that.

9. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I was wondering if east coast fans were having their own personal "revolution" moment with no power

Anyone arm themeselves with crossbows yet? Lol

10. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'm not sure if i saw that in the show...but that would be my guess as well.

The question is -- does she hook up with the white guy who was with them (and killed their enemies), or does she remain faithful to him , even after all these years. She seemed to be a real good woman BEFORE the blackout (i.e. not about the money)...will Aaron leaving made her bitter, or just make Aaron feel bad about how much she was in love with him. (i hope it's the latter).

That was definitely a twist for me -- as i had assumed she had died (since Aaron said he HAD a wife, in the 1st episode).

In real life -- would Aaron have survived that shot? I'll go along, as it helped Aaron be a hero, and not a bumbling idiot. (And i sympathize with his trials as revealed in the episode).

One last thought on Aaron -- he was actually a hero twice. Not just for shooting the bad guy. But also becuase of his pushing Miles (and showing the escape route), he prevented Charlie form being a murderer.

11. sojourner

I always thought a great one for Mythbusters would have been the "stopped bullet" trope used in hollywood.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They did that already. They spent a whole episode testing a bunch of different stuff. I know they did pizza boxes, and a police/sheriff's badge, and a some other stuff I can't remember.

13. sojourner

^Guess that was long after I gave up on the show.

14. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nothing the show showed. It was just my own speculation/guessing on what I expect the writers to do.

How old is Danny anyway, 18? Maybe she could be his love interest.

15. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

A lot of that will have to do with distance I am sure--but, out of curiosity, what was the AC for a whiskey flask?

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't remember if they did a whisky flask. I think they might have done it and a book along with the ones I listed above, but I'm not sure.

17. therealsb63

therealsb63 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've been enjoying the show so far. To me, it owes more to "The Postman" than "The Hunger Games" or anything else. In fact, the kids they found this week reminded me more of the Cubs from "Logan's Run" than Katniss and her fellow combatants.

Compare Tom Neville, the milquetoast insurance adjuster, to "General Bethlehem" in "The Postman," who was a copier repairman. Two guys who used to be looked down on who now have become the very bully they used to hate. Thing is, Neville knows he is...and deep down he's afraid to face that fact.

What I want to know is, was Rachel having an affair with Miles, and could Danny in fact be Miles' son and not Ben's, and that's the real reason Miles changed his mind so quickly about accompanying Charlie, Aaron and company? Neville and the militia were pretty quick to take Danny prisoner...considering that Miles is an "enemy of the state" in the Monroe Republic, it would make sense why taking "Ben Matheson's son" hostage would be just as good, especially if it was known to Monroe's inner cronies that he's actually Miles' son.

I'm glad my theories were pretty much proven somewhat right that I'd posted elsewhere, that what knocked out the power was some kind of energy dampening field. Wherever it is, it's somewhere here in the Northeast if you watch the pattern of how the power went off. On the map in Monroe's office, there are a lot of red marks around northern New Jersey. You can see the map on Revolution's Facebook page.

Anyone want to make bet now that in the end, Miles will either be the first President of the Restored United States Of America...or it's first posthumous hero?

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've taken Miles willingness to help Charlie as him looking for redemption for all of the stuff he did as General of the militia. We didn't learn everything thing about The Blackout yet, but I thought they set up some pretty interesting stuff in last night's ep. I'm definitely getting the impression Randal was part of something bigger, who will probably end up being the show's big bad once Monroe has been dealt with.
    As for the episode itself, I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed getting more world building for the Monroe militia, and it was nice getting to spend a little more time with Rachel. I'm curious where things will go now that Miles & Charlie know about the pendant and what it can do. I'm also wondering if there are any Monroe survivors from the boat or lighthouse that can report back about the power coming on.

19. therealsb63

therealsb63 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Has anyone been noting the Stephen King references along the way?

20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

So far it's one reference to "The Stand" and a guy named Randall.