"Revenant" Questions/Discussion - Spoiler Alert

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Drizzt, Mar 30, 2010.

1. CaseyF

CaseyF Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

From what I can recall of Revenant, I don't think there was any particular indication of a relation between the two.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  2. marcusgee

marcusgee Ensign Newbie

Hi, guys! I'm glad you enjoyed my contribution to the Seven Deadly Sins. You certainly hit it on the head when you describe it as a horror story--that's exactly the vibe I was going for, and I'm happy that came through.

In answer to some of the questions, "Revenant" isn't directly tied to any other TREK lit. Marco Palmieri did send me an outline of DESTINY so that I could keep the story current with that series, but that was about it.

As to who snagged Harlow down in the hellhole, that was actually Carson. As she hinted later when she got caught, she needed to accelerate assimilation of the crew before Starfleet got there.

And about ending--I deliberately kept that a little vague because I saw a real possibility in continuing the storyline, if Pocket chooses to do so. The idea of a rampaging new Borg species tearing up the galaxy seeking revenge was too juicy to resist. If you like that idea too, drop a line to Pocket or post around and let the editors know. It would be loads of fun to expand the idea into a full-length novel.

Cheers!

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hey, welcome! It's always nice to get a new author posting here.

4. marcusgee

marcusgee Ensign Newbie

Thanks! It's nice to be part of the gang!

5. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

To be honest, I'm a little Borged out after all the Borg stories in the TNG series and Destiny lately, but I loved your writing style and the different take on Trek. Star Wars has been doing horror novels lately; I'd certainly be interested in reading a full-length novel of yours with a similar tone. I'm just not so sure that I'd go for Borg again.

Definitely nice to have you posting though. Welcome :)

6. marcusgee

marcusgee Ensign Newbie

Yeah, Marco had that in mind when he signed me on to write the Borg story (I believe he said that VOYAGER had "done them to death" or something to that effect). That was why I took a different approach, going for the whole dread feeling rather than an epic space opera with big battles, etc.

Glad you enjoyed the writing style, though. I have a couple of original sci-fi noirs, if you want to check those out. The first is HAMMERJACK, and there's a sequel called PRODIGAL--both are pretty dark, which is pretty de rigueur for me (God knows why--I'm such a happy guy!).

7. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Huh, interesting. I may add those to my summer reading list. Cool.

8. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cheers! I'd love to read a sequel to the story. :techman:

So it was Carson - that's the only thing that made rational sense, come to think of it, I guess I was just fooled by the way it was described in the scene, where it seemed like he was snatched by some almost faceless force. Well, that certainly makes Carson even more hateful, particularly with the way she did it, gouging his eyes :eek: - it was the nastiest scene in the story. Kind of ironic, when you think about it, that in a horror story about the Borg, the creepiest and most hateful person is a non-Borg Human!

9. marcusgee

marcusgee Ensign Newbie

To be honest, I'm surprised they let me get away with that! Guess you never know until you try...:devil: