Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I'm more interested in how far up her leg that mini skirt is going to rest.

Marvel Girls costume in the 60s was fanfuckingtastic.

Potential nudity, and the illusion of nudity is far more intriguing than actual nudity.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I believe that Bendis has said that she will just have the low-level TK that she started out with.

3. Guy Gardener

It was later retroactively stated that Jean had always been a Telepath, but Chuck had turned off that part of her brain early on until she was ready to handle it. You remember that whole thing about being inside her bests friends mind as she died.

So given what he knows, is Chuck going to wait less or more till he unlocks her telepathy?

Emma is going to call Jean a wussy, since she managed to grow up telepathic just fine.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  5. Turtletrekker

6. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

The Loki stuff has been terrific. The shift in focus could easily kill this book.
    Do you think the the current Wolverine will still go after Jean? I mean he was always much older than she was even if he didnt know how much older. He may be worse than Hal Jordan from the DC thread now that I think about it.

7. Turtletrekker

I wonder if the switch in focus to Sif is part of an attempt to spotlight more female characters?

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

When you're 200 years old, isn't every girl jailbait?

9. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I like that Marvel is going to try this, they do it so infrequently but they will now have two female centric titles running. The relaunched Captain Marvel with Carol Danvers and now JiM with Sif. I wasn't reading JiM but I would be curious to read this with Sif at some point.

Knowing Marvel's track record and tolerance, pending sales, I don't suspect it'll last more than 10-12 issues but we'll see.

10. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm actually really happy that Carol Danvers is getting some respect again and getting her own solo book back. I really enjoyed the old Ms. Marvel series. It was a fun read and frankly am I the only one who thinks Jeri Ryan would be an awesome Ms Marvel? I know she's gotten older than her 7 of 9 days, but then again, Carol Danvers IS supposed to be a seasoned Air Force officer (A "full bird Colonel" according to Captain Marvel #1) and a former NASA security chief, magazine editor, writer, and oh yeah a long time Avenger. So really she HAS to be in her late 30s at least to have all the be believable. (okay so Jeri Ryan is 44 - so what? She still looks good and at least the new Captain Marvel costume is more covering and doesn't have to be skin tight - and hey Jeri Ryan WAS an Army brat so she's at least got the Military lingo in her background, probably doesn't feel at all uncomfortable in military settings)

Lady Sif was always kind of a cool character, be nice to see her really stand on her own.

You do have to wonder if Marvel is really really trying to develop their own "Wonder Woman", I mean Captain Marvel sorta could be their Wonder Woman - but Lady Sif sorta has that whole mythological thing going for her too. Heh... there we go. ABC - I've got your new "Avengers show" right here. Captain Marvel and Lady Sif. It brings in the cosmic and the mythological - so you can have Asgard without having Thor.

You can e-mail me on where to send the check!

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I feel like they've been pushing Mrs Marvel as the Marvel Wonder Woman ever since New Avengers started. I certainly consider her the premiere Marvel super heroine.

12. Guy Gardener

As a comic reader sure. I can see that.

but Joe Sixpack doesn't even know what the girls in the X-men are called after seeing those movie half a dozen times.

They don't even know Scarlet Johansen's name is Scarlet Johansen.

They just call her that girl from that thing, and that other thing, you know that thing I liked, and I asked you to dress up like her and you said maybe on my birth day and then...

Joe Sixpack is a fucking moron.

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

14. Turtletrekker

Avengers Academy 35-- Yay! Veil finally made a good decision! Boo! November Solicitations list issue 39 as the series last. Christos Gage has said that the characters will still be around, just handled by another writer.

Captain Marvel 2-- I enjoyed the first issue, but this one fell a little flat to me. I'm not entirely sure how the time-travel here occurred and the situation Carol finds herself in doesn't interest me.

Daredevil 17-- A fun done-in-one flasback issue with art by Mike Allred. As always, Mark Waid's Daredevil is recommended reading.

New Mutants 46-- It's good to have Sam and Karma back (although this issues cliffhanger involving Karma falls flat as she appears regularly in another book) as the team triues to figure out what has gone wrong with the timestream.

15. Captain Craig

Not sure if I missed it in this thread and I may have been the only active participant in the thread reading it but Dark Avengers aka Thunderbolts is being cancelled at issue #183.
    Interesting that sometime in the last 5 issues Juggy will return. He's been M.I.A. really since Fear Itself concluded sometime ago.
    What I also find interesting is this is the Thunderbolts team on the cover + Cage again.
    When the T-Bolts got lost for several issues in the timestream that's when Cage formed his Dark Avengers with Skaar, Trickshot, Ragnarock etc and those guys are not to be seen on the cover. I'm guessing their story wrap up is on the inside but it'd be nice for it to say Thunderbolts on the masthead imo.
    The final issue cover art
    [​IMG]

16. Guy Gardener

Canceled and relaunched, or canceled and buried?

This is perhaps the book I am most enjoying from Marvel right now.

Even though they are cheating by sucking me in with all the time travel.

17. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

but...but this is my favorite line-up of the T-bolts since the original. bah!

18. Guy Gardener

We forgot to tell all our friends to buy this book.

19. Captain Craig

For now it seems cancelled as I've not yet read plans for the team in the new NOW promotions.
    Marvel cancelled them(Thunderbolts) once before, then restarted them with a new #1 and after some 20ish issues readopted the old numbering.

With them being so close I could see Marvel doing the same thing then what would be issue 17 becomes a celebratory #200!

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Avengers Academy AND Thunderbolts are getting canceled?! Ugh! Those are my two favorite B list Marvel comics! Though Thunderbolts hasn't been that good since Fear Itself, I don't really care about this current line up, but my interest was piqued with the addition of the Dark Avengers...