Smallville: 10x07 "Ambush" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Nov 4, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Superman! (Excellent)

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. The Blur (Good)

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Clark Kent (Mild Mannered and Average)

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Kal (Bad)

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Superdouche (Terrible)

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

^
    I think she is. I mean they were kind of rubbing our noses in it with the whole "maternal instincts" crap with Alexander.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

So that means Ollie has banged Lex's mommy :) and Tess is a MILF!!

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Julian Sands is the live-action Jor-El and Terrance Stamp is the voice.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Works for me. :drool:

5. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

That she is actually Lex's half-sister, father being Lionel, but different mothers

6. Admiral_Young

^ Yes that'd be what I'm referring to Brent and Agent Richard...why does Jor-El need a body all of a sudden? LOL

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

To move in on Ma Kent of course.

8. Admiral_Young

Hmmmm....I dunno if Martha is Jor-El's type though. We know that 'Joe' is partial to the Lang family.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

It will be interesting to see whether Stamp dubs over Sands' voice for the Hologram of Jor-El. He used his own voice in the previous episode, both in the flashbacks on Krypton and as the clone.

Its curious that this revelation of the "Fortress Jor-El" is happening to Lois ( presumably Clark too) not to Clark alone. I had thought this was something they may be saving towards later in the season.

10. Admiral_Young

I believe that is what Agent Richard was implying in his post that Stamp will be voicing Jor-El but Sands will appearing for him, otherwise I'm fully aware of who plays Jor-El and that post wasn't necessary.

An interesting idea Donald. It is interesting as well that Ella's video message (what's with Smallville using video's all the time?) to Lois triggers her to visit the Fortress and Clark's question to the General from this episode. I really do think we'll get an engagement episode later in the season. Towards the finale.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I am the thought that there is going to be some kind of mind-wipe coming up. Maybe it won't effect Lois completely. But slow things done between her and Clark.

But Lois aside, week after week more and more characters are learning that Clark is the Blur. I don't think he can put that genie back into the bottle without something to the level of a mind-wipe. Bad writing????..... well this is Smallville.... ;)

But they seem to using the consequences of Heroes identities being exposed as major theme this season. At this point Clark really does not have a secret. Certainly putting on the costume is not going to fix the situation. Yes, a hole Millar and Gough dug a long time ago.

Plus Clark's interactions with Future Lois suggest something happens. I don't feel like that their future relationship glimpsed in Homecoming is a logical continuation of what we are currently seeing.

12. Admiral_Young

Really? I do and thought it was one of the things the show has gotten right. It was several years removed from the present after all, 2017 I believe it was. Lois and Clark married for a number of years. Superman established and active. I don't know why fans keep coming up with the reset button theory. It's just too easy a solution and predictable. If there is a reset I will be livid. What's the point of telling the stories they have to this point if they only plan to reset it? There will be no resetting or mind wipes.

I think that if Lex does emerge and all indications that he will even if he isn't played by Michael that he'll not retain the knowledge of who Clark is. That's about it.

13. Guy Gardener

You ever think that the Fortress might not be a fortress?

It might accurately be the kryptonian equivalent of a "pup-tent"?

It's not some marvel Jor-El invented, it's something he picked up at the Krptonian equivalent of "Target" or some other chain store on the way home from work one evening, and Stamps voice was never supposed to be Jor-Els, it's just the default setting for the voice emulator and using the default setting for the emulator is about the same as leaving the digits "12:00" still blinking on the face of your VCR 15 years after purchase because you can't figure out how to program the damn clock.

They probably even used a celebrity for the voice template, you know like how an earthling raised by an AI on some distant world would probably think Morgan Freeman was their Pa. By Kryptonian celebrity, you of course realise that I mean (old) General Zod?

The real Jor-El might be no more talented an engineer than While E Coyote mail ordering doodads from ACME

14. Admiral_Young

I've always looked at the Fortress as a Kryptonian equivalent of a tent. It's still a Fortress though in human terms, an ice fortress, with no defenses because supposedly it's location it's self is a defense, except in Smallville everyone and their mother has found it.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Next thing you know Cat Grant will show up at the Fortress. :lol:

16. Guy Gardener

Kitted up in an ill-fitting girl scout uniform selling cookies?

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Maybe something like This!

:D

Keri(Cat Grant) is Hot! :)

18. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well, if there's a way to crack kryptonian crystals with sound she'll find it.

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:angryrazz:

Last time Lois was in the FoS she thought it was heaven...I wonder if she will have a zippy line when she goes there in "Abandoned"...knowing the writers they forgot this...since they are giving Lois Chloe's snappy one liners...I am sure she will say something ridiculous.

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

"Boy you sure like crystal! No wonder you hang out with Ollie so much, is there something you need to tell me Clark?"