Offiical XBox (3) Launch Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MacLeod, May 20, 2013.

1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^They buy a 360.:p

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Yep, I want to play the latest games. My options are Wii U which is a good games machine but the games will probably dry up, other than Nintendo's own games, in a few years. Playstation 4, which will get all the new games and be the latest, greatest console and work exactly as you expect a console to work. Or get a console that's at the end of its life and will stop having games made for it in a year or so... Definitely the Xbox 360.

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Now Now, it might not be 12months it might be 18 months. :p

But I get your point.

Though I suspect when Halo 5 comes out it will get a limited edition console to help drive sales.

4. Bob The Skutter

I seriously doubt I will buy an Xbox One, but if I do it'll be the same way I bought the PS3 this generation. 3 years down the line when there's a cheap version out and a heap of games worth playing. Hopefully by which point they will have changed their policies. If not I hope I have the strength of character to not buy.

5. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

There's one concern that I hadn't seen brought up until recently. We all know MS has banned a lot of people, even admitting that many were done erroneously due to glitches in their system. With the DRM and the console being always online, what effect would this have on the library? Well...

[​IMG]

6. Bob The Skutter

They've backpeddled on that, but haven't explained how it'll still work if you can't connect to live because you've been banned.

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Seriously?

Has the cheese slipped entirely off their crackers?

8. Owain Taggart

They have? Hadn't heard. Hard to keep up with what's happening with the XBone, to be honest since it's all clear as mud. There was even something parodied that I mistook for being real since it just seemed like an extension on their attitude with the XBone, so I never posted it here. Still, MS hasn't helped their position any.

9. Haggis and tatties

Look's to me like EA and all the other greedy publishers sent a sealed evenlope round to MS on the day of E3 and told them to only open and read everything from it 1 min before the show, because that's how it looks. :lol:

10. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Larry Hryb was asked about banned accounts and games access in a recent reddit interview.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lMhjM9BK7M[/yt]

I'll let you watch the video for a small addition to that statement. The exchange on this situation starts at the 40 second mark.

11. Owain Taggart

He should be their PR person as he's handled it pretty well and made more sense compared to others on the team. It's good that she asked the question, as MS haven't exactly been forthcoming with information.

12. Bob The Skutter

Yeah, but no explanation of how. I mean if you're not connecting to their servers how does it authenticate for you?

13. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I don't think I could take anyone seriously wearing a ...hat... like that.

14. Haggis and tatties

His interview with Angry Joe. lol
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo[/yt]

15. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

This isn't a real Microsoft account, is it?

This is directly contradictory to how Major Nelson said things would work. But then again, Microsoft is so mixed up in their XBone messaging that they could both believe they're spreading accurate information.

16. Bob The Skutter

It's real. They backpeddled and say they mistook it as a question about 360 XBLA games.

17. Owain Taggart

Yeah, as was mentioned upthread :) Apparently it's one of their support accounts. And I agree, I think the whole campaign is a mix of contradiction. I don't even know what's what anymore. I think they'll need to hire a good PR firm to fix the damage from this campaign. But they likely don't care as they feel they've made the best console ever despite what people are saying.

18. Bob The Skutter

oh looky... Steam appear to be testing out sharing games.

19. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, I didn't expect Value to start working on that so soon. This may just be some Value engineers testing features that there's no official plan to implement, but hopefully it's a sign of things to come in the all-digital future we appear to be entering. If Sony find a way to do it too with their digital downloads, that would neuter the one good feature MS have going for them with the Xbox One.

20. Bob The Skutter

I'm wondering if this is a test for a SteamBox feature rather than Steam Client feature, so they have sharing on their "Console".