So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished Starfleet Academy: The Edge yesterday. I'm now reading Royal Pains: First, Do No Harm.

2. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

I am reading "Star Trek: Corps of Engineers: Foundations", by Dayton Ward and Kevin Dillmore.

3. Keturah

Keturah Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm enjoying Articles of the Federation. I love it, but I do have to consult Memory Alpha/Beta a lot. It's been a while since I've read the A Time To series. I almost want to read them again and then complete the TNG relaunch books in order.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Picked up a copy of Ice Hunt by James Rollins to read on an upcoming flight.

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Just started Rings of Time, enjoying it so far!

6. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

This past Saturday, I had the opportunity to spend 5 hours at the main branch of the Salt Lake City (UT) Public library, and used the chance to get through as much of Taking Wing, the first Titan book, as I could (I ended up reading about half of it). I had been hoping that the Hastings bookstore near where I live would have had the book available for purchase when I went there two days ago (Monday), but it did not, and I therefore was unable to resume my reading of Taking Wing. Not wanting to leave the store empty-handed, though, I picked up Watching the Clock, and am really enjoying it.

I do hope to be able to go to the closest Barnes and Noble store soon (maybe this weekend) and pick up Taking Wing (they had it in stock the last time I was there about two and a half weeks ago), but probably won't resume reading it (if I'm able to get my hands on it) until after I finish WtC.

7. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Currently reading:

*Trektoday
    *Facebook messages...

8. bok2384

bok2384 Commander Red Shirt

Finished Spirit Walk: Enemy of My Enemy last night and started on The Lost Era: The Sundered.

9. Patrick O'Brien

I was thinking of picking up The Sundered. Let me know if you like it bok. I have enjoyed a few of the Lost Era books.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  10. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Ooh, The Sundered is one of the GOOD ones. :D

11. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Gripping on every installment.

Less so. The characters ...

12. PKS8304

PKS8304 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Finished Indistinguishable From Magic, onto Mission Gamma Book 2. Which gives me (inadvertantly) back to back Nog.

I think that happened to me on New Years.....

13. Patrick O'Brien

Downloaded to my kindle today;)

14. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

The Last Four Things (The Left Hand of God #2) by Paul Hoffman just came out in paperback. It looks like Gemworld II is back on the back burner...

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Just finished up Rings of Time. Fun read! Despite the length (obviously more than 42 min worth), just felt like a nice, comfortable TOS episode, and shortened to fit the medium, would have slotted nicely into the series. Fun story/mystery, the past aspect was enjoyable, and the characters were spot on. :)

16. Patrick O'Brien

You should set up a poll and review thread Scout:)

17. Sho

There is one: Linky.

18. Patrick O'Brien

:lol: I should have known (it is on the trek lit review thread you sent me). You guys work fast! Sadly I cannot vote, for I have not read it yet.

19. Sho

In fact, it's probably about time to set up a review thread for That Which Divides since it's only ten days out, and JD opened the one for Rings a bit more than two weeks before the release date because books sometimes arrive early. I guess I'll go do that now.

20. TenLubak

TenLubak Commander Red Shirt

Now i am reading one that is green and called STAR TREK ACADEMY : Collision Course, and the guy who played Admiral Kirk supposedly wrote the thing! with 2 helpers. I wonder how much of it he actually wrote. I remember back in 90s when i was a child seeing all these books called TEK WAR that he wrote at my library. I got one out but never read it. At least i dont remember it. I wonder if he had helpers to write that one too?

Oh and by the way this one is fun! I my minds eye i see the younger cast from the JJ Abrams film in my little head. I m not sure why i just do tho! ':scream: