"Intelligence" season 1 discussion & spoilers (Josh Holloway)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another good ep! I liked the action and the character moments. The ending definitely seems to be setting up a story arc involving the relations between CyberCom and the CIA. Looks like the CIA is going to try to mess with Gabriel.

2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Seriously, not a MiG or a SAM in sight. They might not have shot it down knowing the president was aboard, but a couple of fighters forcing it to land would have made sense.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Like they already don't have an E.M.P. gun to frack up basic technology?

Do they really need to invent and implant a kill chip?

Gabby is going to have a second handler now who's job is to take him out when he gets difficult.

Oh... DIE! DIE, YOU SOB DIE!

(4 weeks, I am amazed.)

4. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Unless I miss my guess, what's in his head's a biochip and not standard silicon (ifI'm wrong, let me know.)

5. Guy Gardener

We saw a chip at one point, possibly the generation 2 chip.

It's recognizable hardware, even if it doesn't retask his brain and force it think in new ways as a processor and storage.

They also talked about removing it, which means that it is still a "chip" they can extract with a spoon.

6. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

There is a great chemistry between the characters with the exception of Marg Helgenberger. Half the time she looks bored, the other half she looks like she is trying to force it.

I'm also enjoying that just because he has the chip, he isn't invincible and he can still get his ass kicked in a fight.

Bill Smitrovich was great as the ex-President, when can we vote for him?

7. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"The Rescue" was a great episode. Loved the ending.

8. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

If this episode is any indication, this show is beginning to hit it's stride.

It was the first episode where I found Marg Helgenberger actually acted instead of going through the motions. I'm really hoping we see more of Peter Coyote.

I loved the ending too, but we've yet to see them have a moment where they have been stymied. I've loving the series, but they seem to always come out on top at the end.

9. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Billingsley has a thing for Plexiglas containers filled with ice. He had a similar scene in an episode of Nip/Tuck.

10. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't think Coyote was old enough to be Marg's father, but as it turns out he IS 17 years older than her. He doesn't look it!

11. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Hacking into closed circuits would seem to be a good argument to have him onsite.

I've been enjoying the show more and more with each episode. I hope it can dodge the cancellation bullet.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Your argument would have more validity if he'd been able to successfully do that in the episode this week.

13. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

This was a good episode for the speculative look forward and the discussion of the dangers of this technology, as well as the drama surrounding Phlox being infected, but I hate it when the true bad guy is completely obvious to the audience but the characters don't figure it out for another 35 minutes. I mean, as soon as the guy was salivating over Gabriel's chip and saying he was "the future" like the note attached to the nanite packages all said, you would think that that should have clued in the team to check him out.

Plus, their operational security for this highly classified project sucks ass. They let a guy in to their inner sanctum, and Gabriel freely spoke about his abilities in front of him without anyone batting an eye except the Secret Service agent, and then Gabriel still made it completely obvious after that. Then they let the guy leave the premises without so much as signing a non-disclosure agreement. Then Gabriel gives away his secret again to someone they think is a terrorist. Yeah, most people won't take him seriously, but it's still something they need to be more careful about sharing and doing in front of non-cleared people.

I kept thinking the solution to saving Phlox was going to be using a defibrillator or taser to shock the nanites into malfunctioning, so they score points for finding a different method of solving the problem.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The plot for this episode would have worked better on Almost Human.

15. Guy Gardener

One nanite should be able to destroy a persons heart.

What was this?

Not intelligent building machines... But fat bastards.

They just procreated until a persons blood became too thick to flow.

I can do that in a month with an endless supply of cookie dough.

16. Locutus of Bored

I thought Phlox recovered rather nice and quickly from his brain massively hemorrhaging and having gone through an induced hypothermia earlier that day.

17. Guy Gardener

Who was contrasting this to the Borg episode on Enterprise?

18. Locutus of Bored

Not I. I just call him Phlox because his name on the show (Shenandoah Cassidy) is ridiculous. It sounds like he's a Western double feature.

19. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I just got caught up with Intelligence. I watched all the shows yesterday in a row, I like it. It's kind of a three way fight between Intelligence, SHIELD and The Blacklist with who has the dumbest agents. Have they waited once for the Tac Team? The Tac team is always 15 minutes out, are they driving scooters? It's also like a Lost reunion show, I'm waiting for the Smoke Monster and Mr. Echo to show up next.

20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

:lol::lol:

That's what my husband said. "Jesus, are we in the same DAY? Shouldn't he be at least unconscious?"

I wish I had that kind of healing power. Maybe that character should be on SHIELD instead.